new 08 mustang! 17 yr. old girl...pink pinstriping?

mustng08m

Jun 10, 2008
hey everyone! i got a new 08 mustang for Christmas and my dad has been talking about getting it pinstriped lately. he described it for me but im not completly sure what it is....so could ya tell me? :)

also would pink look good? i have the light blue girly color!

thanks!:D

• Sponsors (?)

That might not be appreaciated by some of the guys that own Windveil Blue (AKA: Light Blue Girly Color) LOL

A pinstripe is just a thin line of color that outlines an edge.

Here is an example of a red pin stripe used to seperate two color.

tn_368x368_Pinstripe_closeupjpg_Thumbnail1.jpg

You want to have a color that is going to compliment your the color of your car. Silver would be a good color.

In that case I feel great about having the dark blue manly color!

That said, as people mentioned, pinstriping is the thin line that usually marks the main body of the car from the roof. Dealer charges an arm and a leg for it usually.

Whatever you do to the car, just bear in mind that stuff like pink pinstriping may make the car harder or even impossible to sell further down the line because you start drastically cutting your pool of potential buyers and the ones that are left will drive the price down. Just stick with classic color combinations or maybe save the money and spend it on something else.

I don't see Windveil Blue and pink as a happy combination myself.

Pink would be ok on black, white, silver, or even red. Not on blue. Maybe in the early 90's, but not today. :) On blue, silver, white, black, different shade of blue, etc...

Welcome to the board! Don't forget to post up some pictures and list any modifications you may have.

:SNSign:

If you are new to the site, welcome. The folks on this site are very informative. Personally, I've learned alot and spend alot! If there is such and animal, pink pinstripes with a little bit of metallic might help. Maybe combine it with a light silver. This does depend on the color of your car. Please, no pink hoodstripes! Post some pics once you're done. It would be interesting to see.

BTW, has anyone seen a pink breast cancer Mustang or have they ever come out?

I've seen one of the special cars. Not for me. I am a guy and had a windveil blue V6. The color was very close to a silver blue 1966 GT fastback I once owned. How I wish I still had it. It's a great color and I see nothing wrong about guys liking it.
I now have a torch red GT.
I agree that pink on blue would not look so great.

I've seen one of the special cars. Not for me. I am a guy and had a windveil blue V6. The color was very close to a silver blue 1966 GT fastback I once owned. How I wish I still had it. It's a great color and I see nothing wrong about guys liking it.
I now have a torch red GT.
I agree that pink on blue would not look so great.

I didn't think WVB was manly or girly one way or the other imo. I agree with Stan, WVB mirrored the 66 mustangs. I also like the lime green on the '06 which I believe was on the '68.

hey everyone! i got a new 08 mustang for Christmas and my dad has been talking about getting it pinstriped lately. he described it for me but im not completly sure what it is....so could ya tell me? :)

also would pink look good? i have the light blue girly color!

thanks!:D

spoiled brat.

i had to buy every car i owned.

Not to mention im 25 and finally have my first brand new car.

:mad:

spoiled brat.

well thats a nice how do you do to a new member. its your car do what you want. i myself would go to the local pep boys and get some pink stripe , its only around 5 bucks and do a little test lay a little line on and step back and see if you like it. then have it done if it is to your liking.

spoiled brat.

Wow... a bit of jealousy/bitterness? Settle down, man. Some people just have it better than others. I'm sure if either of our parents could afford it, they'd probably have bought us a new car, too. The girl was given the car and jumped on the internet and joined a Mustang community to get some advice. Show the new addition to our Mustang family some respect. Instead of being stuck-up coming in here saying she was the best/coolest person ever, she came in to ask for our advice.

Too many times a new member joins and gets the feeling that they're not wanted a runs away. If it weren't for people joining the site and viewing the pages, it wouldn't exist. :flag: