Roush New 1/4 mile best

06S281

Aug 26, 2006
Sacramento
Well I took her to the track down at MIR and had a pretty good night...I ran 3 times and my last run I finally got into the 12s...I ran a 12.77 at 110mph...I am satisfied with that since I'm on street tires and stock 355s...I hope to get a little better time than that next time...

• Sponsors (?)

Congrats.

That's a very respectable trap speed. Remember the car is heavier than everyone thinks so getting the car to hook and into the 12's with back seats and a/c is very good.

You could expect low 12's no problem with the power you are making, some tires that bite and some 3.73's or 4.10's.

I dunno marcus, 459rwhp and only 110mph? I have a feeling he's going easy on her.

If that's what that power equates to in an 05+, that's kinda dissappointing. In any other car that would be close to 120mph.

I dunno marcus, 459rwhp and only 110mph? I have a feeling he's going easy on her.

If that's what that power equates to in an 05+, that's kinda dissappointing. In any other car that would be close to 120mph.

I hear ya Joe but the new car is so heavy. I can see 120 mph with a foxbody making that power no problem. There's still more ET to be had with his ride but these new cars are not trapping good speed. I'm only comparing his car to other 05+'s. Just another reason why I already sold my 06 S281 with the blower.

the new cars are heavy marcus...but that is 2 main reasons....the wheels are awful for any racing period. Those gotta go reguardless of what racing you do. But the car is about 100-200lbs heavier giong from a 04 gt to an 05gt. I personally do not see the big deal in this due to all the weight one would have to add in order to make their chasis as stiff as the 06. I remember reading something Dario orlando (owner of steeda) said, that a stock 05 gt is stiffer (by some large amount) then a 04 car with a 6 point cage and full length subframe connectors. I know the car is heavy...but I don't think its as bad as its made out to be b/c of chasis rigidity. I do however know the wheels have to go when racing.

I hear ya Joe but the new car is so heavy. I can see 120 mph with a foxbody making that power no problem. There's still more ET to be had with his ride but these new cars are not trapping good speed. I'm only comparing his car to other 05+'s. Just another reason why I already sold my 06 S281 with the blower.

Exactly. Horsepower to Weight. This is so often forgotten. Look at the 03 cobra's. Most weigh in the neighborhood of 3750+ without the driver. Add a 200 lb driver which I think is the norm, and you have a 460 rwhp car that weights 4k in weight. A fox coupe with driver is closer to 3100 lbs and will pace the cobra at near a 100 less hp. Horsepower to weight. Dont fall in love with a number.:flag: