new 1/4 times with P heads

Try a 6000 RPM 2 step launch where it walks sideways and has the crowd gasping! Didnt seem that bad from in the car though?

If your tranny is that bad, Id take care of that first and foremost. Driving can help big time, and if the parts wont let you drive it hard, your leaving room on the table to go faster! Then just practice, learn what the car wants and ABUSE it!

• Sponsors (?)

well last summer i'd have them at 22psi, launch off 2K-2500 rpm and cut 2.0s/few 1.9s. i cut the same times on a worn set of street tires my very first time drag racing when i first bought the car. i guess i just cant launch correctly and am not taking advantage of the DRs.

i can't wind 1st out past 4500-4800 otherwise it WONT go into 2nd...no matter how hard or how many times i try. no clue whats up with that, but i end up babying it big time into 2nd. its like hitting a wall on the 1-2 shift. every other gear is fine.

this past 14.1 run i launched off idle at 22psi. i'd never launched off idle and was suprised i cut even a 2.0.

other runs that night had 2.1-2.3 60fts. same psi but i tried launching at 1500-2000 rpm. once, it actually kicked the rearend sideways and spun the tires hard. i felt like i was going too far to the center and i let off before i got too far sideways. i think i scared the officals on that one atually. :(

overall, the car FEELS alot stronger!! driving on the street is a BLAST!!!! i'd like to get some more seat time in to see whats up. i've got my 70mm maf ready to replace the stocker, but the stock TB is still there for the time being.

That explains it right there. I didn't mean to come off as a prick, just trying to give some advice. You should easily be in the 13s with fixing that tranny. Traction problems don't help at all either. If it feels a lot stronger, it's probably right. The lack of traction at the track and the tranny is whats really hurting you. Traction and the tranny fix will probably net you several 10ths.