New '12 Boss 302 Owner, Help!!!

wbraun88

Mar 2, 2014
Hello all,

I purchased a 2012 Boss 302 (#3232) three days ago in Houston, TX and drove it back to Oklahoma City where I live yesterday. It drove well on the way home except that occasionally when I took a hard run from 0 it would seem to lock me out of 3rd gear. Yesterday I took it out late at night and it was very difficult to shift into reverseand first when I first started driving. This morning, I started it up and let it warm up for 10mins+, and I COULD NOT get the car into reverse, 1st, 2nd, 5th or 6th gear. I could force it into 3rd or 4th but just barely. I've only owned the car 36 hours and it's already undriveable!! It's still under warranty so I'll be calling the dealer tomorrow so hopefully they have some insight but I was hoping for some help from the forum members as well too. Help!! I just want to drive and enjoy my car but the transmission appears to have completely broken on me...

• Sponsors (?)

What's the point of a "bumper to bumper" warranty if it doesn't cover the clutch?
Generally the clutch is considered a wear item, like brake pads, and is not covered under warranty. Especially with you just buying the car, and unknown prior ownership, the dealer will assume the car was abused. However it is worth a try going to the dealer and attempting to get it covered under warranty, the worst they can say is no.

What did they say? Could be a bearing. Does it make any noise when you try and force it into gear?

I just got the word this afternoon when they dropped the transmission but it was the slave cylinder. Which means that instead of a $1200 out-of-warranty clutch replacement the parts and repair will be completely covered under warranty! I hope to have the car back by Wednesday I can hardly wait to have it back, wash it, and enjoy it for the nice weather this weekend!

I just got the word this afternoon when they dropped the transmission but it was the slave cylinder. Which means that instead of a $1200 out-of-warranty clutch replacement the parts and repair will be completely covered under warranty! I hope to have the car back by Wednesday I can hardly wait to have it back, wash it, and enjoy it for the nice weather this weekend!
That’s great news! Thanks for the update, wbraun88!

Deysha