new 5.0 for me? please help i cant decide and need to in the next day or 2

jeffs89gt

Jul 18, 2005
my friend is sellin his 86 notch for 3500 and i need to decide on it in the next day. hell take less money and my track heat upper and lower manifold, tb, mass air, 24lb injectors, and nos wet kit.

it went 12.83 on motor spinning drag radials and running real rich

Specs
Full QA1 Front suspension setup full coil overs 225 pound springs fully adjustable struts tubular a arms tubular k frame. alll v8 brakes its got a brand new carb on it msd 6al ignition brandnew zex nitrous kit with bottle heater guage and blowdown tube so its track leagal tubular upper and lower control arms on rear, back is gutted with metal blast sheild 12 gallon fuel cell with sump summit blue fuel pump brand new front skinnies with tires.. 15x8 in the back with bfg drag radials custom long tube headers with 2.5 to mac dumps battery box in trunk with shutoff switch outside of license plate... it weighed in at 2640 lb.

it has a completely rebuilt holley 650 double pumper adn the guy milled the choke housing off the carb , the intake is a older style edelbrock torker it has the twisted carb plate so it has perfet even flow. the heads are 69 351w heads they have manley high flow valves and i think comp cam double springs that are good up to 650 lift. ported and polished to i think stage 2 has comp cams full roller rockers. heads were milled 30 thousands also drilled and tapped for 7/16 screw in studs for the roller rockers. stock bottom end with low miles. the trans is rebuilt to stock, pro 5.0 short shifter "Richards" ram clutch and fidanza flywheel i think good to 650 horse the flywheel has asjustable weights and u can replace the plate on it to. the rear was rebuilt 2 years ago and ford motor sports 3.73 went in. prob only have 1000 miles on the rear brand new brakes all around. the cam is a crane cam .498E .498I lift 232E 232I duration same as the e-303 from ford motorsport except stronger.the zex kit with bottle heater, guage, and blowdown tube. it has the goo plate that has 12 injection points instead of the spray bars.

my only fear is that im gonna reget goin with somethin tahts carb'd and not somethin fuel injected, cause eventualy i no im gonna want to go turbo/supercharged

1002806504_l.jpg

1181032088_l.jpg

1373560552_l.jpg

1373589944_l.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

iwashmycar said:
looks like a pretty nice ride, but why does he want all your other parts?...Kinda makes the deal a bit more expensive.

cause im short on cash and so is he and he knows someone who would want them. i actualy got all the stuff off him a year ago. 600 for upper and lower manifold, 70mm tb, 75mm mass air, and 24lb ford motorsport injectors. then a month later i got the nos wet kit for 300 from him. took it off his car when he sold it and got the notch hes sellin now and went carbd. hes tryin to pay off his loan he took out for school and the payment is almost a grand a month and he wants to pay off most of it now.