New 85 Lx 5.0 Owner In Jamestown, Ny

85 mustang lx

Nov 3, 2013
My name is Butch am 65 years old and just bought my first mustang. It is a 1985 LX 5.0 Hatchback. I will be needing a lot of info as the time goes by. I want to do a lot of things to it that has not already been done. It does have the 5 bolt conversion with cobra front disc brakes also rear discs. I believe it has been converted to mass air but not 100% sure. It does have MAC headers and looks to be lowered but not sure what has been done to the suspension as of yet. The car is from California and only has 54K miles on it. It has auto (aod) pb, ps,pw,pdl, cruise and a/c. It also has a ground effects kit on it but not sure what kind. It will be nice to hear from fellow stang owners. One question I do have is are the tail lights all the same for fox mustangs? If not what are the differences?

Butch

• Sponsors (?)

IIRC, I think what your seeing is the ads for the lenses. All 87-93 lenses are interchangeable. GT lenses will fit LX housings etc. The earlier years sometimes require slight modifications but still fit just fine