New Best ET/MPH

Cobra912

May 1, 2005
Wish I was anywhere but here
Hey everyone, thought I would share ran my best times at the track yesterday. I was hoping to run a set of 28x10's that I mounted up as I'm hitting my rev limiter well before the traps with my 27x10.5 QTP's but it didn't work out. Beat the crap out of the inner fender and they fit nice but they still rubbed. Gonna adjust my control arms and move the axle back 1/4-1/2" and run them on Sunday. It was cool air and I spun off the line every run no matter what air pressure I tried.

#1 - 1.56 60ft, 10.73 @ 124.71

#2 - 1.59 60ft, 10.81 @ 122.59

#3 - 1.65 60ft, 10.75 @ 123.60

#4 - 1.72 60ft, 11.00 @ 122.65

DSCF2759.jpg

DSCF2760.jpg

DSCF2746.jpg

DSCF2745.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Thank-you. Yes you should be, now you just gotta get a rebuild on your blower!

I'm pretty happy with my ten second street car, it's come a long way in three years from low 13's to my new time. It has full interior and stock k-member etc. Plus with a little assistance from my dad we built it all ourselves.

I believe with a little more suspension work and a restall on my convertor I can drop it to a 10.40-10.50

Wish me luck today!

- Jeff

Thank-you. Yes you should be, now you just gotta get a rebuild on your blower!

I'm pretty happy with my ten second street car, it's come a long way in three years from low 13's to my new time. It has full interior and stock k-member etc. Plus with a little assistance from my dad we built it all ourselves.

I believe with a little more suspension work and a restall on my convertor I can drop it to a 10.40-10.50

Wish me luck today!

- Jeff

id be happy with 10.99999 lol. What kind of stall do u have?? The blower fix hopefully will be in a few weeks..

Love that car!

Thanks!

Sorry to hear that :p

When you gonna intercool that bitch?

:lol:

Don't have to, Canada air is cold enough. :D

Yep.

id be happy with 10.99999 lol. What kind of stall do u have?? The blower fix hopefully will be in a few weeks..

4200 stall. Good to hear.

Congrads Cobra912, been a long time coming.

It's amazing the amount of money and time it takes to go from running 13's to 10's!

Haha thanks everyone.

Well it didn't turn out to be the day I wanted it to be. Those nice new slicks lasted one pass. I set the car up for KILL mode. The car has never hooked so hard, the front left must have come off the ground I don't know how high, twisting the hell out of the car. I have an airbag in the right rear which blew! Anyways I stayed in the throttle got 3/4 down the track before I saw bits of rubber flying and damn near crapped my pants doing 120mph. I was able to pull over, slicks still holding air. The wheel well that I had thoroughly clearanced decided to can opener the right side slick! Still coasted to a 11.04.

I wasn't too happy! A few chunks of paint came off near my rear bumper which I believe was from the launch and not the tire. There was rubber melted to the whole right side of my car.

Anyways like a trooper I bolted up another set of slicks and tightened the shocks up and ran more air. I made a few more passes but the car was still launching so hard it would bog the motor. I made one clean pass at 10.92 @ 124, raced a chevy II in eliminations running a 10.85 before being put on the trailer by my best friend running a CBR954 who usually runs low 10's. What a friend!

I'll see if I can get my hands on some vids or pics.