new best in the 1/8th tonight

slo65

May 26, 2003
Southern California
i'm happy as a pig in ****!

for a long time i was stuck in the 8.70's (1/8th mile) but tonight was a good night, nice and cold, i brought some ice for the intake

previous best

8.70 @ 78. something w/ 1.82 60 foot

best tonight, 1.74 60'

8.60 @ 78.9 mph!

i'm soo pumped, the guy said if i go any faster i'll need my helmet, he doesnt know how long i've waited to hear that :rlaugh:

as for the car

88Gt

stock suspension besides subframes/lca's

mass air conversion
explorer upper/lower
stock maf/tb/cam/heads

bbk shortys/2.5" catted h pipe/flows

king cobra clutch/mgw shifter

eh besides that.... pullies.. 3.73's

and of course my et street radials 235/60/15 (on 10 holes)

yea they're really skinney but they hook good, not sure why i made this, just happy i guess :Track: :Word: :Word:

next week.... 8.5's!!

• Sponsors (?)

bluevenom867 said:
:nice:

Whats the next mod gonna be?

i'm thinking bigger maf maybe, i know it's technically not a "stock" motor with the explorer upper/lower, i really wanted stock motored 12's but i got impatient, so i'm gonna work on getting more consistant, my 60's last night were for the most part 1.75 1.76, if i messed up like 1.80, next time out i want my 8.59, i should get a helmet :nice:

lowers helped quite a bit, i remember launching aroudn 4k pre lca's/sfc's and it would spin, now it just hooks

I'm jealous! Got my 306 broken in nice and then my heater core took a crap on me. So now the 90 is on punishment. Gas and oil will be the only mods for the rest of the year:)

slo65 said:
i'm thinking bigger maf maybe, i know it's technically not a "stock" motor with the explorer upper/lower, i really wanted stock motored 12's but i got impatient, so i'm gonna work on getting more consistant, my 60's last night were for the most part 1.75 1.76, if i messed up like 1.80, next time out i want my 8.59, i should get a helmet :nice:

Whoa!

You read my mind cause thats what I was gonna say :D

what kinda burn out do you do? do you drive thru water box? if so DON"T......drive around it and do a good burnout....could get that 60 down a little more. and here is another tip! NEVER DO A DRY HOP after your burnout! waste what you just did (cleaning off your tires/heating them!)

I remember the first time I ran in the 8's. IT was with my 82 GT with 91 GT motor with carb, 4.10's and a C-4 with art car convertor. After that I kept diggin and finally got that puppy down to a 8.88! My carb was to big, my tires to slippery, and I was haveing the time of my life!

I bet this pig I drive now won't run a 9:40 in the 1/8 mile! lol

jackchan said:
what kinda burn out do you do? do you drive thru water box? if so DON"T......drive around it and do a good burnout....could get that 60 down a little more. and here is another tip! NEVER DO A DRY HOP after your burnout! waste what you just did (cleaning off your tires/heating them!)

I remember the first time I ran in the 8's. IT was with my 82 GT with 91 GT motor with carb, 4.10's and a C-4 with art car convertor. After that I kept diggin and finally got that puppy down to a 8.88! My carb was to big, my tires to slippery, and I was haveing the time of my life!

I bet this pig I drive now won't run a 9:40 in the 1/8 mile! lol

at my local track there's no way to go around the box (yes i'm not lying), then i do a 1st gear (yea yea i know :notnice: ) burnout, suspension is stock aside from full length subframes, and lower control arms, i think that 60' isnt that bad, i dont do dry hops either, just a decent smokey burnout then leave the line round 4k

kk time to eat din din <3 :SNSign:

rsw007 said:
2nd gear burnout heat em up, then launch at 5500rpms

heck, what do i know i have aod flashing from 1400rpms

your 60' gives me a chub

:p

thanks joe :flag:

i'm just kinda worried about stuff breaking now, not so much the axles, or wearing out the diff (recently rebuilt) but just like the trans, i hear 3rd gear isnt a good one to powershift, but eh i guess we'll see, kinda hard having your daily driver your race car :rlaugh: