New best of 11.37 in cool air

04_snake

Mar 30, 2005
Upstate NY
I bested my 60ft, 1/8 ET and 1/4 ET marks, this the second trip to the track after swapping in my new 4.10's. :banana:

I made three runs 11.45, 11.37 solo qual run because someone died in the lane next to me as I was rolling up and a 11.43 first round elim loss, hitting the brakes hard with a 1/2 car lead to the line on the guy I was racing, but because I broke out (11.50 dial) worse than the other guy, I lost. Still have yet to put together the perfect pass with the new gears, I think it still has more in it with the cool air. Now instead of the occasional bog when I dump the clutch, I now have a little wheel spin as it bites, just gunna need a little practice and some different air pressures and who knows a 1.5x 60 ft with the stock IRS. :hail2: That's just sick, considering some guys spend 2-3K modifying the IRS so it will launch?? :shrug:

best-timeslip.jpg

not bad for just a pulley and, a "few" ;) bolt-ons, comments?

here was the whole day for me, the movies will be done tomorrow, if anyone wants to watch from the shotgun seat:
All three timeslips

• Sponsors (?)

Wow! great time! Do you have drag radials? I will be at LV in a month, and I need tires and to put on my IRS brace.

How did you launch it? Is it easier to run with those gears?

I have a 2.8, tune, catback, & intake. I am at 466 rwhp 474 rwtq. I just want to hit low 12s if traction is possible.

Juice33 said:
Wow! great time! Do you have drag radials? I will be at LV in a month, and I need tires and to put on my IRS brace.

How did you launch it? Is it easier to run with those gears?

I have a 2.8, tune, catback, & intake. I am at 466 rwhp 474 rwtq. I just want to hit low 12s if traction is possible.

No I run MT ET Streets (DOT Legal) slicks. You can watch how I launch tomorrow when I upload the in-car movie, I'll post a link in this thread. I don't have a stock clutch anymore, so I can dump it 4 to 6K, depending on the track condition. I think I have to dump under 5,500 with the new gears or it brakes the tires loose just a bit, I have to start over figuring that out. You are going to the SVTOA rental, I'll proly see you there. :cheers:

you got an upper only, non-ported eaton, like me. I went 12.2 in mine in the spring with the stock F1's and the stock clutch, you can do it but it would be easier if you got yourself a softer set of meats, mighty tricky getting it going with hard rubber on it.

I definately need some Nittos, 315s. I am not sure which ones though, all I know is 555 extremes, but evne then they have different models for drag or road racing I think. I need to figure this out quick.

I am going for the XX tuning/LMMC track day. I was thinking about the SVTOA day, but I dont want to kill my car.

Juice33 said:
Soory, I should have been more clear. lol.
I meant what times were you running before the swap.

Ahh, nope I'm the retart.. duhh.
:stupid:
I got down to 11.41 running thru the traps around 5200 rpm, but I think I was near the bottom of the barrel, two runs to the track w the 4.10's and i have an 11.3 but I can feel there is more in there and once I put a run together with three perfect shifts, on a sticky track with the right launch, who knows how low I will go. I am hoping for 11 teens before this season is over and so far I have done better with this ride then I ever imagined and have smashed any goal I set for myself so with the 4.10's it can only get better. At the start for example I now have the leverage with the tall gear to experiment with a little controlled wheel spin off the line to see if it will improve my 60 fts, before it was bog or no bog, spin wasn't an option with the 3.55's and the ET Streets.

Juice33 said:
11.41 is pretty nice!

How do you like the 4.10 on the highway?

11.41 is nice, 11.375 is better, but last night in the cool air and with the 4.10's I made 3 runs, everyone quicker (ET) and FASTER (MPH) than I had done before. [email protected], [email protected] and [email protected]

the 4.10's work fine on the highway, I actually use 6th gear now and I never used to shift out of 5th until like 75. The 4.10's should have been standard equiptment on every terminator, FORD was just trying to please the EPA and avoid special gas-guzzler classification. Like just about everything on forums it is a popularity contest, all the guys that say "Don't switch to the 4.10's, they are too much gear" are guys with the stock gears, how the heck do they know if they haven't tried them? Every guy who I asked who actually had done the gear swap, granted many are drag strip guys, all said "Get the gear!", so I listened to the guys who did, not the guys that talk like they know but who were afraid to try them for whatever reason.

Dr. Wu 2000 said:
I gotta think he has atleast Level 2's, if not 5's.

"stock" IRS includes the half-shafts, I have not changed the 1/2 shafts and now have around 150 passes on them. I planned to change them if they broke this summer, but they didn't. I will be switching to the level-2's this winter.