New Best Times!

3ponyshow

Founding Member
Jun 26, 2002
Las Vegas
After my last trip to the track, my car felt like it was hitting the rev limiter and I took it in for a look see. Long story short, my pumps were at 100% duty cycle and endangering the health of my baby. So after what turned out to be a fairly extensive balancing process, I ended up making all these upgrades: 30 lb - 42 lb Injectors, 3.33" - 3.125" Pulley, KB BAP, 80mm - 90mm MAF and last but certainly not least, I swapped my DiabloSport Chip for an SCT Flash and a new tune from Dynojet Research. To my surprise, I saw only a meezley 13 rwhp increase and a 45 rwtq decrease :mad:. Needless to say, I was less than thrilled with the numbers after a fairly extensive financial investment, but at least she was properly balanced again which matters most...Right up until I hit the track last night.

New configuration: Vortech SQ S-Trim S/C w/3.125 Pulley & Power Cooler. producing 8 lbs Boost, Magnaflow catted X, Dynomax cat back, 315 Nitto 555R's, Koni Adjustable Sport Suspension, UPR UCA's/LCA's, FRPP 3.73's and alum drive shaft, 2500 stall tq, B&M trans cooler, AODE shift kit. SCT Flash Tune.

R/T - .18

60 foot: 1.90

1/8 ET and MPH: 8.173 @ 85.91

1/4 ET and MPH: 12.73 @ 107.88

Las Vegas Strip, Temp: 81 degrees, Elevation: 2028', DA 4005'
Corrected: 12.47 @ 110.06

A full 2/10th's of a second faster than my previous best.:eek:I was hoping for a 12.9

Now I'm happy! :D

• Sponsors (?)

Congrats on getting everything worked out. Seems like the car is running better even if peak power is down. It may have increased a bunch under the curve and really helped you out.

Thanks, guys!

Congrats on getting everything worked out. Seems like the car is running better even if peak power is down. It may have increased a bunch under the curve and really helped you out.

Good point. He gave me the software to compare the baseline with all the runs. I'll have to look at that.

Another thing that was really noticeable were the shift points. He increased the pressure and the the shifts are considerably tighter than they were before. By doing this he was also able to set the shift higher in the power band.

Nice times for that DA!
Thanks!
Yea, the DA here is a killer. I figured if anyone would catch that, you would. People often ask me why I don't get better numbers with the mods I have, but they don't know we run 4000'-5500' here. I never would have thought I could get a 12.7 pass.

Just for a comparison, the fastest I've seen a 5.0 Coyote run was 13.6 and a Camaro SS was 14+. Numbers like that don't make the brochure. lol.