New(bie) Mustang Owner From Albuquerque

El Sabor Asiático

Nov 7, 2013
Greetings from (mostly) sunny New Mexico! I am the happy owner of a new-to-me 2004 GT convertible.

This is my first Mustang. In fact, with only a couple of brief exceptions, in my entire driving life I've only ever owned Honda Accords. I won't speak ill of them -- they've been solid, dependable cars -- but the pleasure I've taken in driving them has been mostly along the lines of "this automobile is functioning adequately to convey me to my destination." I've never owned a car that I'd consider a fun or sporty ride, but I've admired cars like Mustangs my whole life (my favorite toy as a little kid was a Matchbox Cobra). Now that I'm 44 and on schedule for my midlife crisis, I figured what the heck.

Being new to Mustangs and muscle cars in general, I have no idea what to expect in terms of the experience vs. the kind of cars I'm used to. I'm pretty much of a newbie mechanically as well, though in the past year or two I've started doing more auto repair/maintenance at home and am eager to learn more about what goes on under the hood.

Anyway, I've enjoyed lurking here for the past couple of weeks and wanted to say hello!

khOrP1V.jpg

• Sponsors (?)