New BMW 335i Twin Turbo..... OMG!!!

• Sponsors (?)

Looks badass. I always liked the BMW 3-series, and if I'm ever out looking for a luxury car, a 3 series would be one of my top choices. That 300hp would be easy to improve on also, not to mention it probably has excellent handling. Wonder if there will be an M version of this?

Read about it .... interesting addition to the lineup. Curious why?? a TT inline 6?
Would love to see the real world mpg comparison to a V8 or even V6.
Seems almost gimcky and weird coming from BMW.

BLK_ROUSH said:
Read about it .... interesting addition to the lineup. Curious why?? a TT inline 6?
Would love to see the real world mpg comparison to a V8 or even V6.
Seems almost gimcky and weird coming from BMW.

BMW has had turbo cars in the past, just not in the US.... One of my favorite being The 1974 BMW 2002 Turbo.Most BMW guys will tell you that this is the best BMW to make into a track car.

2002Turbo2.jpg

5060331.001.mini4L.jpg

This new 335i coupe and sedan gives BMW More performance options than just an M.... And the new M3 will have the DOHC V8 from the last Generation M5..... which will be Tits :hail2:

SRT Handz said:
BMW has had turbo cars in the past, just not in the US.... One of my favorite being The 1974 BMW 2002 Turbo.Most BMW guys will tell you that this is the best BMW to make into a track car.

2002Turbo2.jpg

5060331.001.mini4L.jpg

This new 335i coupe and sedan gives BMW More performance options than just an M.... And the new M3 will have the DOHC V8 from the last Generation M5..... which will be Tits :hail2:

Those old 2002is that was in US were cool little cars if u ask me...

When developing the current M3 motor, engineers at BMW really tweaked that 6 to see what they could do with it. In current form n/a it puts out 333hp, people have thrown power adders at it with mixed results...as if 333hp from a 6 cylinder wasn't enough....turns out the motor doesn't last long. Which is prolly why their turbo is rated for 300...but you know there is a lot of room to grow

SRT Handz said:

Of that I'm very aware ..... the introduction of the TT inline 6 for NA is 'odd'.

Why? Performance option? Doubtful. Considering most BMW owners that think performance think M///.
It's introduction, compared to previous lines seems counterintuitive unless they feel the V6 lacks the necessary punch to survive to next model/chassis change.

It would seem, to me, akin to FORD offering a TT V6 in the Mustang GT with a rating of 310hp.

just seems odd.

BLK_ROUSH said:
Of that I'm very aware ..... the introduction of the TT inline 6 for NA is 'odd'.

Why? Performance option? Doubtful. Considering most BMW owners that think performance think M///.
It's introduction, compared to previous lines seems counterintuitive unless they feel the V6 lacks the necessary punch to survive to next model/chassis change.

It would seem, to me, akin to FORD offering a TT V6 in the Mustang GT with a rating of 310hp.

just seems odd.

Exactly, BMW's M-Models are really expensive but has some weird features..... Like the E46 M3 is a Heavy Beast... it weighs alot for the size.

But what if you dont want to pay the Money for the M and still want a car to track and have fun? In the E46 models you could get a 330i with M-Package which didnt have the M-motor but all the other goodies suck as the suspention, seats, all the little M- pleasure items that come with the M3.

This, i think, is a little like that M-package 330i

im actually in the market for a luxary sports type car. im going to sell off the stang and ge someing within a couple months.

I was lookin at either a 2002 M5, new Audi s4, or a new 335i. I went to go look at all three of them 2 days ago and im stumped, any ideas?

BTW, i heard the 335i was very under rated, it dynoes at 330 to the wheels i think it was.