*NEW BODY KIT PIX* not happy with it..:(

Black Stang 97

the guy on top of me is funny
Nov 11, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
well....the pictures tell it all............ how much do you guys think it will be to repair??? anyone know of cheap place to buy cobra front and carbon fiber stock looking hood?? or any parts where theyre cheap?

Attachments

• IMG_1019.jpg
    IMG_1019.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_1020.jpg
    IMG_1020.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 251
  • Sponsors (?)

theres gonna be a ton of secondary damage on that one. like was said above, look for damage on/near the 1/4s. also if the top was up, better check out the operation of it. converts tend to bend the frame of the top when hit hard. im sure that its gonna need frame time to fix at least the radiator support, and probably the frame too (cant tell form the pics). you are looking at several thousand dollars to fix that. might be totaled too if going through insurance....

you can see in the first pic that the apron is fubar'd too. im gonna go out on a limb here and guess that insurance WILL total it, but it depends on the other damage too. maybe we see most of the damage and the engine accessories are OK.

:( Damn.What ever you do,goodluck.
From my expirience with a friends collisioned stang,it can be fixed.First you need to bring 'er to a collision/autobody shop,and have them pull/straighten the frame out,then look for another rad craddle,have it spliced into the factory seemed locations that make up the inner fender to strut tower structure.That is just going by your pics.
My body's stang had the hole front inner structure repalced on his 5.0L,reason being it looked like a slinky.:nonono: .What the autobody shop did is what i already explained above,but more,they had to cut the inner structure out from the firewall forward from the frame rails at the factory seems,but living the strut towers in place as they were not effected from the crash,then continued to up in front of the strut towers where you'll see another factory seem,then spliced in the new inner structer by welding her up at all factory locations,and some.It was supper ridged,and straight.No one new,or believed it was in a accident.The reason he went this root is because the stang was paid for,and he lovedher,and in theory,made the front half a tad stiffer/stronger once all seems were welded in.Shouldn't cost much,depending where you live.It cost him 1600 bucks canadian for everything,parts,and laybour to fix.The extras on top were accessories like power steering,water pump,rad,and hoses,and fluids.
Like i said,good luck on what ever way you choose. :)

1low03gt said:
:( Damn.What ever you do,goodluck.
From my expirience with a friends collisioned stang,it can be fixed.First you need to bring 'er to a collision/autobody shop,and have them pull/straighten the frame out,then look for another rad craddle,have it spliced into the factory seemed locations that make up the inner fender to strut tower structure.That is just going by your pics.
My body's stang had the hole front inner structure repalced on his 5.0L,reason being it looked like a slinky.:nonono: .What the autobody shop did is what i already explained above,but more,they had to cut the inner structure out from the firewall forward from the frame rails at the factory seems,but living the strut towers in place as they were not effected from the crash,then continued to up in front of the strut towers where you'll see another factory seem,then spliced in the new inner structer by welding her up at all factory locations,and some.It was supper ridged,and straight.No one new,or believed it was in a accident.The reason he went this root is because the stang was paid for,and he lovedher,and in theory,made the front half a tad stiffer/stronger once all seems were welded in.Shouldn't cost much,depending where you live.It cost him 1600 bucks canadian for everything,parts,and laybour to fix.The extras on top were accessories like power steering,water pump,rad,and hoses,and fluids.
Like i said,good luck on what ever way you choose. :)
he got an entire front clip for $1600 CDN installed???? is that used parts?? i dont know what USD=CDN, but it still sounds too cheap for a good shop to have done it. how long ago makes a difference too i guess.

Forgot to mention that the inner structure was used,but from a mint wrecked fox chassis,well lubed i guess you could say :) .We spent almost a month looking for one that had zero rust.And the inner structure cost him i believe around 130 bucks.And yeah,this was about 5 years ago i guess.So price might be different today.Hope i never find out

Yeah, it may be time to part it out and call it a day on that one man. I mean, like everyone else is saying, its gonna need a lot more than a new hood and bumper...unless you know someone in a shop that can hook you up with some major body work for cheap, its gonna be pricey to fix...anyway, as for the original question, try www.mrbodykit.com they have a ton of stuff for 94-98.

well from what i can see.... the engine didnt get touched at all, the only engine component which got messed up is the right coil pack. it needs a new radiator.... new power steering canister..... new battery.... thats bout it for engine components... as for frame.... for sure i need new fenders new hood and new bumper along with the bumper supports... etc.... the inner side of the fenders need to be replaced as well.... i dont know if you guys noticed.... the hit wasnt on the fake "chazzy"... if you look at the bumper... the hit was above the plates...there is a gap bout 3 inches from the front frame and the engine... it looks worse then it seem like in the pics in my opinion... the good thing is that the insurance doesnt know nor the cops write a report on it... they didnt get there

Roger_4.6_96 said:
That car is done. Time to find a new one.

yep, I agree....as far as the cops and insurance go...how are you going to pay for it if you didn't tell them....you should have told them...if they decide to total it, you at least get that money back, and you can buy your totaled car back...now you aren't going to get any money from it...