New brakes noisy???

Rejekt

Aug 12, 2010
Raleigh, NC
I just installed a set of new cross drilled and slotted rotors with ceramic powerstop pads. I also replaced my caliper. Problem is, when I go to stop it makes a bang sound and squeels.

Here's a few things I was wondering. Could it be the caliper bolts? I tightened them up but they never got too tight. They basically spun on the dowels. It only seems to happen when I'm going very slow and then hit the brakes.

Also, I noticed that the rotors were a little difficult to turn by hand after I installed the new stuff. Is this normal? How much resistance should it have?

• Sponsors (?)

I just installed a set of new cross drilled and slotted rotors with ceramic powerstop pads. I also replaced my caliper. Problem is, when I go to stop it makes a bang sound and squeels.

Here's a few things I was wondering. Could it be the caliper bolts? I tightened them up but they never got too tight. They basically spun on the dowels. It only seems to happen when I'm going very slow and then hit the brakes.

Also, I noticed that the rotors were a little difficult to turn by hand after I installed the new stuff. Is this normal? How much resistance should it have?

You have to hold the pin still with a wrench while you tighten the bolt. If you don't the pin will turn, and the bolt won't get tight enough.

I fixed it. The reman caliper I got from autozone was sticking. It took me forever to pry the caliper off this morning. I have a lifetime warranty so no prob getting a new one.

I also tightened that caliper bolt up. I seated the pads and the pop stopped at low speeds. Now it stops like a champ and no noise. Sweeeeeeeet.

Thanks for the reply!...