New Build Questions

Sk8trfred

Feb 27, 2007
MA
I'm new to the sn95 world always been a foxbody guy but now due to cost and rot in the NE I'm looking to do a 408w carb. Build in a 99-04, the questions I have are
if I can grab an auto for under $1000 would it be cost effiecent if I wanted to covert to manual and would I need an manual computer for the clutch safety switch to work or could I just wire it into the neutral safety switch on the auto trans.

Also what are some common rot places to look for on the SN95?

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

The Neutral safety circuit is NOT wired through the PCM. It's a simple break in the starter pilot duty circuit. So the NSS is one of the simplest parts of the swap.

I have my doubts that IF you are having to pay for the automatic donor plus the cost of the conversion that you wouldn't be better off just paying more and get your manual mustang as Ford built it from the factory.

Most of the time the people doing this swap already OWN the automatic donor so the initial cost of the car is not part of the budget. Remember that a factory manual is going to be worth more than a converted automatic (all other things being equal).

Thanks for the advice I was kind of already thinking the same thing but the manuals are harder to come by for a decent price, if I find one then that is defiantly the route I will take