New C&L Air Intake System now available!!!

I just picked up my MM&FF mag (November) and on page 16 there is an advertisment for the "new" Air Intake System" for the 2005 V6 and man does it look HOT!!!

It looks the same as the GT version and you can order it two ways,
1.) $299. with just the cast air inlet tube, upgraded mass airflow housing, filter assembly, filter shroud with all of the necessary hardware or;
2.) $649. with the same as above with a custom Predator Tuner.

I think this is the one I have been waiting for. It looks real nice and there are no unusual angles to it and looks like a wide aluminum tube with just the one curve at the throttle body with the same reuseable filter as the GT version uses.

I guess my question would be then with all of the talk about tuners on this forum "what would be the way to go?" I have heard that Lidio has a good tuner with the SCT Xcalibrator, but this comes with the Predator (option) and says it is custom tuned for this specific intake system so what does everybody think? Which tuner is more powerful and has more custom options to it?

Again, I am really geeked about this setup and no I have not heard of any power figures as of yet but will post if I find out! :banana:

• Sponsors (?)

No reason, as of yet, as HP/TRQ figures have not come out on this yet, but I like that it is a complete unit with what looks like a large diameter tube. Not to put anybody elses system down, but I think this one looks real nice as opposed to some that looks like they went to Home Depot and put together a kit from PVC.

Whereas a lot of the units out there only come with the Filter and mass air unit while using the stock intake hose (which to me looks REAL restrictive) and C&L basically puts all of their marbles in R&D into intake air flow on engines and so I believe they have an edge on most folks in design, etc.

Also, on a side note their stuff is made in the good ole US of A which in my book plays an important part as to how I am going to spend my money as most of the CAI's you find are import (Rice) made or have parts made from outside of the country, and coming from Detroit I buy American when I can! :flag:

I want one! Anybody wanna buy my Steeda? :bang: What I like about C&L is they have built-in nitrous bosses. And hell, that's a great price. I'll sell the Steeda cheap, who wants it? :shrug:

I've been waiting for this one! But, might wait for some SCT tuners like Lideo or Brenspeed to come out with some tunes. Oh.. but the temptation is so great! I may just break down and give C&L a call...

does anyone actually have the Predator for their V6? How do ya like it?

Buy the C&L without the Predator... then take your car over to Lidio, buy an SCT X-Cal2 from him and then spend some extra money and have him custom tune it for you...

BTW... he's have a dyno day Oct 8 and the a track at Ubly dragway on the 15th...

The heat and weight are 2 very important aspects to consider when comparing one CAI to another.

A heat conductor (metal) will attain a much higher operating temp once the engine has warmed up.

Carbon fiber composite will STAY COOL and insulate the intake charge after the engine has warmed up.

Metal condensates with heating and cooling. Plastic does not.

My new V6 system weighs a total of 5 lbs.

The much heavier weight of the metal system is right on the nose of the motor. I've gone with aluminum pulleys when modding my Mustangs over the years over steel just for this reason.

Condensation / Heat / Weight / cost.

Or high tech plastics / carbon fiber ??

Blowby racing is dynoing the V6 system this week and I'll post the results to my site.

www.TunableInduction.com

I manufacture the systems completely myself except the CNCing which I sublet.

I've been pacing waiting for the dyno results.

I'm very impressed with the professionality of Chris @ blowby racing and he related that he was hoping to get it dynoed this week.

The carbon fiber TB tube is 77mm i.d., the factory tube 70mm, and I.E... the MMR meter is 73mm.

I decided rather than go with a separate meter, like with the GT system, to take advantage of the greater diameter (airflow) with the sensor-in-tube design with the size restrictions inherent with a single TB. The TB pipe will also allow a TB upgrade without any modification needed.

I'm convinced that you're going to need a tune unless the diameter is unchanged from the factory 70mm.

It's good marketing as far as sales go to advertise that you won't need a tune for the convienience of the customer.

But for the sake of a GREAT PERFORMING CAI get a tune and take full advantage of the airflow while insulating the intake charge at the same time.

The custom 9" dual-cone will breathe from the inner corner and the intake charge is now insulated by 3/8" thick carbon fiber composite. This filter is the same custom molded filter I had made for the GT system adn will retail for $100. from GREEN, just for the filter. I could have gone with a smaller much cheaper filter but producing the systems myself enables me to use ONLY THE BEST materials available: real carbon fiber / polycarbonate plastics / custom filters. A cheap metal pipe looks great FOR MY EXHAUST SYSTEM !!!

I'm hoping I can post more gains than any of the metal systems and simple physics will dictate that my system will RETAIN the gains after the heat variable comes into play, which is about 10 min..

Also consider the fact that the system/filter is lifetime warrantied. The buck stops here with my business and I take care of all customer concerns PERSONALLY with no run-around and I pay for the phone call and the return shipping should ANYTHING EVER go wrong with the system. With over 6000 systems in service my warrranty claims index is only .04% and this index is with much more complicated systems than the new 05's.

We've all called a manufacturer at our expense to just get shuffled from one department to another. I won't permit that to happen.

Pro3i Stangnet parts shopper & V6 Mustang stuff has these available now.

My toll free tech/order line is 866-509-7453. I'm stocking the filters in Ford Blue & Lazer Red with the carbon fiber in the Black weave to tie in with the high gloss black polycarbonate heat shield. Polycarbonates will go to 270 degrees heat resistance. The carbon fiber TB pipe will insulate close to the same level. Metal begins to CONDUCT heat immediately instead of insulating the intake charge.

Go with a system that retains the great gains instead of them FALLING off as soon as the motor attains operating temperature.

Also bear in mind that 'Plastics are not created equal". A matt finish plastic TB pipe WILL NOT insulate as well as the real Carbon Fiber composite and cheap molded plastic heat shields won't block the heat as well as my expensive Polycarbonate shield.

After working with carbon fiber and plastics for 5 years I can incorporate what I've learned into the system.