New Car

I went and picked this up from Hattiesburg, MS on Thursday. It is a 1996 Mustang Cobra convertible. It only has 43,000 miles. The guy I got it from is the 2nd owner of the car. It has a Vortech V1 S trim, Eibach lowering springs, and some sort of aftermarket upper and lower control arms. Other than that, she is bone stock down to the exhaust, except for the tailpipes and ugly ass tips. Anyways, here she is, enjoy.

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0020.jpg
    IMG_0020.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0021.jpg
    IMG_0021.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0022.jpg
    IMG_0022.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0023.jpg
    IMG_0023.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0025.jpg
    IMG_0025.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0026.jpg
    IMG_0026.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_0027.jpg
    IMG_0027.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0028.jpg
    IMG_0028.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0030.jpg
    IMG_0030.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0015.jpg
    IMG_0015.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 40
  • Sponsors (?)

Thanks guys.

I want to do a S281 spoiler, True Forged Mach 5 wheels, and a CDC light bar.

It is still running the Vortech FMU kit with stock injectors and MAF. So the first thing will be some 42lbs injectors and 90mm MAF then a custom tune. After that gets done I will focus on the exterior stuff. Also, O/R X pipe, and Spintech super prostreet mufflers ASAP.

Thanks guys. I have been enjoying the car a ton so far.

As far as power goes, it really isnt that fast. It is still running the break in tune from Vortech. It will pull pretty hard for about 1 second, then pretty much all the timing get's pulled out of it. In all honesty, I would not be surprised if there is close to 75rwhp left in it just from a tune. That's how bad it falls on it's face.

Eventually, I plan on putting some good rods and pistons in it and having the heads ported a little. At that point, I will ditch the S trim and either go with a JT trim or a YSI, both being polished and intercooled. At about 18psi I should be able to crack 700 rwhp on pump gas pretty easily and still have the same driveability that it does now. But that's pretty far down the road. I want to build the rear with 31 spline axles, put full suspension underneath it, and put a built T56 in it.

My goal's for this car are WAAAAAAY different than my black car. This one will see more car shows than drag strips. I want something that makes a ton of power, but still has good street manners to where I can drive it to Myrtle Beach for Mustang Week every year.

And no, I didnt keep the Bogarts.

As far as power goes, it really isnt that fast. It is still running the break in tune from Vortech. It will pull pretty hard for about 1 second, then pretty much all the timing get's pulled out of it. In all honesty, I would not be surprised if there is close to 75rwhp left in it just from a tune. That's how bad it falls on it's face.

Yea, I know the feeling. With it being non-intercooled, I'm sure the IATs are well north of 175 degrees, and at those temps it is pulling a LOT of timing. Or at least it should be. My car pulls over 10 degrees at temps like that.

Without the methanol, my car's timing will only go to around 11-12 degrees max, and I ran a 12.50 @ 110 mph without any methanol. With the meth, the timing will kick up to 20-21 degrees, and it ran a 12.09 @ 117.5 mph. So get that timing issue straight, and it'll be an entirely different animal.

Ever thought about running methanol on it?

Thanks the compliments guys.

Sneaky, I definitely have full intentions of running an AIS stage 2 trunk mount kit. I plan on adding an intercooler, Meth, anderson power pipe, 42lbs injectors, lightning MAF, and O/R X then I'm going to get it tuned. It should crack 450 rwhp pretty easily at that point on a safe tune. I figure that will be enough power to tide me over for a little while.

After that it will be time for gears.