New clutch and rebuilt trans break in procedure?

Got my baby back on the road today!!! The trans has been in the shop for 2 months now :nonono: .

So it's got a new KC clutch, rebuilt trans to "z" specs, resurfaced flywheel, new tob and pilot bearing.

Took it for a easy spin around the block and everything seems to be good.

How many "easy" miles should i put on it? Is there any procedure , like only taking it to 3000 rpms for the first xxx miles?

:SNSign:

Matt

• Sponsors (?)

S&B said:
500 miles and at 1000 miles swap your fluid to see how its doing
Cool, So no break-in procedure like you would do with a new motor? Just take it easy?

I had already planned to change the fluid in about two weeks or so , So i used "Coastal" brand atf in it. Do you have any reccomendation for a better fluid to put in when i change it?

Grn92LX said:
If its seems good drive it as you normally would. No need to drive like a :taco: for xxx amount of miles.
Well, see, thats what i've always done before (not with mustangs though) and i never had any problems with them.

But I've always heard that a new clutch needs a 1000 mile break-in. I just want this damn thing to last a while, I've gotta start putting my money away for a 31 spline spool to go with my new axles/C-clip elims :D , And a new set of headgaskets for my new afr 165's :D :D :D :D