New Cobra/Shelby prices

352Ford2

Oct 12, 2005
Seattle,WA
My Dad is threatening to buy a new Cobra as soon as they get down to MSRP, I have been doing some reading on the internet and it seems people are starting to pick them up for than now, so last Saturday my old man and I decided to stop by Bill Pierre Ford to talk to them about this.

After their markups the price was $98,XXX, with the MSRP $47,XXX and both of those prices were printed on the window sticker. I wish I had a camera so I could have taken a picture, it was hilarious.

I still can’t stop laughing!

Anyone in this area of the country getting them for MSRP yet? If so were?

• Sponsors (?)

I wish ford motor company would put a fine on these jack@$$'s for the dealer mark up:mad: I just bought an 07 mustang GT and got the dealer to take there markup off but it was only $1000. the dealers are taking a car that ford built for the upper middle class and mad it untouchable. If I did not have a truck payment I could afford the shelby but not with the markup it puts it out off reach way out of reach well I am done ranting and giving my 2 cents worth:D

There's another option, depending on what you really want. You can get a GT and have the dealer install a Roush supercharger (+$6,000). It is still covered under warranty that way. So, you get the straight line performance of the Cobra without the hefty tariff.

Here in the Pacific NW, GT500 prices seem to have settled in the $15,000 ADM range, so $58k-60k depending on options. That's the price they are actually selling for, not the price on the sticker. I'm waiting for MSRP myself; I can't afford anything more. If it doesn't get there, I guess I'll be looking at the 2008 Bullitt or Boss. I won't pay almost $38k (before ADM) for a 325hp Shelby GT. I don't care how collectible it *might* be someday, I just want to drive.

Heck, for the MSRP of a GT500 I'd get a C6 Vette instead. And for what dealers are trying to get for a GT500, I'd take my business to the local Chevrolet dealer and drive away with a C6 Z06. In Velocity Yellow, of course :D.