New combo running rich

Hey guys haven't posted in quite some time. I tossed cam and intake on my 87 recently and I thought that I was hearing a miss while it was idling the garage. Figured it was time for a tune up since its been a few years. when I pulled out my old plugs I noticed they are pretty loaded up, well it seems that with my new combo she is running very rich. Here is what I am running, typhoon intake, TFS-1 cam, 75mm Tbody (I know its big, but it was laying around) and the stock heads and injectors. If anything I was figuring that this combo would run on the lean side with all the extra air and no change in fuel pressure. Any suggestions on where to start tunning?

• Sponsors (?)

Your signature says mass air swap, if you're still running speed density and you have a performance cam that is your propblem

I think it said was in a "pile". But +1 on the the SD. I can tell you from personal experiance with that cam that it will run WAY rich and the issues dont stop there. Since you have the swap parts now is a good time. You will see what I mean when you swap it.

Install an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and a fuel pressure gauge and see how it do when you adjust the fuel pressure. If that does not help any you may have to convert to mass air.

No way will you get that car to idle good and have decent drivability with that cam in a SD car. The problem your having is too low vacuum with a cam that has less than 114 LSA.