New Computer (pcm)

Jeremy F

Sep 28, 2013
I have a 1992 Mustang 5.0 all stock and my computer (PCM) died on me. Does anyone have any ideas on what kind of computer I should get? What are the differences between computers and what one would be able to handle modifications if I decide to make any?

• Sponsors (?)

Some people may knock of me for telling you, but, you can put a A9P back in there. I am running a A9P on a 5-speed. The only thing is when shifting, the RPMs go up about one RPM for a split second before dropping down again, not really a big deal in my opinion.

Some people may knock of me for telling you, but, you can put a A9P back in there. I am running a A9P on a 5-speed. The only thing is when shifting, the RPMs go up about one RPM for a split second before dropping down again, not really a big deal in my opinion.
Well I am not going to knock you. I am using a C3W '93 auto PCM with my 5 speed and it works just fine.
I was told by a Ford Racing Electrical Engineer that you can use an auto trans PCM with a 5 speed car but you can't use a manual trans PCM in an automatic car.
He also told me that a little known fact is that the auto PCM has just a slightly hotter tune in it than the manual trans PCM to compensate for the power robbed by the automatic transmission compared to a manual.