New design for 2009?

foxmustangman

Jun 20, 2007
Idaho
Hey, that rhymed. So my dad was talking to some Shebly sales-reps and they said that Ford was coming out with a new design in 2009....already! But they also said that guys who like the fox-body Mustangs will like 'em alot because they're alot smaller (which also mean alot lighter).

They must've been hearing complaints about how heavy the s197's are...and some other things.

Perhaps something along these lines...
mustang-coupe-450-x-300.jpg

or maybe something completely different.

Attachments

• mustang-coupe-450-x-300.jpg
    mustang-coupe-450-x-300.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 79
  • Sponsors (?)

The Mustang won't get lighter. All of today's modern safety features such as crash beams, multiple multi-stage airbags, etc keep driving the weight up. As the government mandates more safety, the weight keeps going up.

That also looks like an amateur Shelbyized sketch of the concept from 2003..

The last I heard was that the back end styling hasn't changed a bit and the front end looks quite similar to the Giugiaro Mustang. Nothing else. Haven't been a real fan of the 'new' style period. Not thinking with the proposed changes it'll grow on me much, either.

heheheh juicy stuff here....

5.0L 350 HP....

They will not release the official specs or pictures or anything until most of the 08's are sold. Gotta get the 08's off the lots. The 09 will kill'em.

If you were thinking about getting an 08....don't...wait for the 09.

More cubes = more possibilities for the simple mods.

Also they are not sure how long they are going to hold back the 09 information..as fear of losing sales to the Challenger and Camaro. So it's going to be a bastard year for the 2008 mustangs. :bang:

heheheh juicy stuff here....

5.0L 350 HP....

They will not release the official specs or pictures or anything until most of the 08's are sold. Gotta get the 08's off the lots. The 09 will kill'em.

If you were thinking about getting an 08....don't...wait for the 09.

More cubes = more possibilities for the simple mods.

Also they are not sure how long they are going to hold back the 09 information..as fear of losing sales to the Challenger and Camaro. So it's going to be a bastard year for the 2008 mustangs. :bang:

Hahah...speculation of the century. Do you realize how difficult it is becoming to modify a car? Things aren't the way they used to be, and they're not going back to the way they we're, either. The 2009 Mustang will be very similar, if not identical to the 2008s. Watch.

I'm really anxious to see what the production Camaro and Challenger look like when they hit the streets. In the end though all of this is just like a fairy tale to me since i'll never own one, but it's cool to keep up with the "new". It's unlikely that i'll EVER own a newer Mustang than a '93.

yeah.. the only reason i got a fox was because im 18 and im not planning on driving a new mustang everyday. Id rather have a american econobox and a weekend muscle car..

i think i made the right choice.. gas is supposibly gonna be average of $4.00 next year and im not gonna be fillin a v8 everyday.

and foxes are just cooler!

more mods.. eventually faster.

+23244 on that i live in michigan and winter would kill that car.

Yeah i couldn't be happier with my current car combo. Although the Merkur isn't great on the mpg either, it still gets a good 25mph, and i'm used to getting around 16 or so in my Cherokee/Mustang. Plus now i'm only driving about 10 miles to work every day so it's easier on the wallet.

New cars just don't have much appeal to me anymore. I like a car that i can take apart and put back together in my driveway and not have to rely on anyone else for anything, and i think as cars get more technologically advanced those days are coming to an end, or at least going to bet much more expensive and complicated.

but one good thing is.. muscle age is back. ricers are screwed.

To an extent, but the domestics seriously need to step up their power numbers. Your average family transportation is pushing 300hp these days, let alone "performance" cars like the Evo's and such. Have you heard about the new Supra??? It's going to destroy pretty much any stock domestic except for the special editions that get more power, and it's doing it with a V6. Add all that to the added weight that the new domestics have and it's getting to be a pretty close game (although i did read that the Supra is a slug...something close to 4k lbs).

It's just a face lift....just like 86/87 and 98/99 was.

Chassis and basic shape won't change. They might continue with the retro theme and add some "hips" like the new camaro challenger and charger have.

I wouldn't count on a retro fox body. How many cars from the 80's actually look decent by today's standards?