New dyno graphs... Little confused!

moneypit94

May 23, 2003
Macomb, IL
here is my last pull of the day. Again the new run viewer differs a little then the graphs i got from them... The air fuel looked nothing like that... It was like a straight line a little under 12. And i have the graph they printed out and the numbers on it say 476.8 and 485.4.

last dyno.JPG

My best run of the day peaked at 482/491... the air fuel ratio on that was terriable. (all over the place)... Maybe there software has some problems because the richer they got it to go the more it like it.. The best run of the day the air fuel was at 10 for a lot of the run... (but i did get some black smoke with that run)

Also... we pulled the spout wire and my car idles better then it ever has, even stock. Put the spout wire back in and the thing is all over the place. :shrug: (so he took out most of the timing on low rpms with no load.

Another thing... We ran two pulls without changing anything and they differed pretty drastically...

Also at the end i was getting like 430 horse and 460 torque... He thought it was due to the heat of the engine... The chip is set to take out 10 more degrees after the engine gets to like 210... well i had him take that out temp to see if the power came back, and it didn't..

Later on i noticed that the low coolant light was on, so i fixed that and the power came right back... if that was truely the problem i have no idea... (but i did find out this summer that if the low coolant light is on that my ac wont work) :shrug:

Everything just didn't add up today... I am happy with the results.. I was initially looking for 450-500 horse and i got right in between. I know there is more tuning left but at least i know its safe to drive right now. Thats either around 560 @ 15% los or around 590 @ 20% loss at the back of the motor (stock girdled block)...

I think we did over 15 pulls today... and i didn't get charged for one of them (it was suppose to be some minor tuning left over from last time) Half the motor life is probably gone because of dyno tuning.. I have a total of 54 pulls on my car and more then 40 are on this motor... (i think partially due to inexperience of the tuner)

• Sponsors (?)