New Dyno Numbers with AFR heads

Green Machine

Founding Member
Sep 22, 2001
Lakeland Florida
Just got back from dyno'ing the GTat Secret Services in St. Pete Fla. Air temp ~60 degrees - Humidity 67%

On the first run he blew alot of carbon out, and you can see results got better after that. See Signature - Btw I'm running stock cam and 19lb injectors. The dyno was a dynojet and the numbers are SAE corrected. Those AFR 165's do make a difference. :nice:

1st run 272rwhp - 292 lbs of torque
2nd run 282.5 - 309.5
3rd run 284.9 - 312.0

My friend took his 03 Cobra over, and his 1st run had the following:
450 rwhp and 495 lbs of torque. Whoa ! That's with a Dense Charger CAI, Chip and smaller pulley, and Bassani Cat'd x-pipe and Bassani flow through muff.

My other friend brought his 5.0 1992 GT along to, and he turned out 203 rwhp and 275 lbs of torque with a just cat'd h-pipe and FlowMasters.

Half the fun was getting there. 3 Mustangs and 2 radar detectors = fun crusing. :flag:

PS. tried to do attach the jpeg from bitmap, but it's over the limit.

• Sponsors (?)

Nice numbers!Your set up is similar to mine give or take a few items,I hope to get a dyno session in next month,to see what the afrs and the #19 cam added on. Do you have Secret Service's phone #? I never heard of them before.What did the 3 pulls cost? :nice:

Green Machine said:
Just got back from dyno'ing the GTat Secret Services in St. Pete Fla. Air temp ~60 degrees - Humidity 67%

On the first run he blew alot of carbon out, and you can see results got better after that. See Signature - Btw I'm running stock cam and 19lb injectors. The dyno was a dynojet and the numbers are SAE corrected. Those AFR 165's do make a difference. :nice:

1st run 272rwhp - 292 lbs of torque
2nd run 282.5 - 309.5
3rd run 284.9 - 312.0

My friend took his 03 Cobra over, and his 1st run had the following:
450 rwhp and 495 lbs of torque. Whoa ! That's with a Dense Charger CAI, Chip and smaller pulley, and Bassani Cat'd x-pipe and Bassani flow through muff.

My other friend brought his 5.0 1992 GT along to, and he turned out 203 rwhp and 275 lbs of torque with a just cat'd h-pipe and FlowMasters.

Half the fun was getting there. 3 Mustangs and 2 radar detectors = fun crusing. :flag:

PS. tried to do attach the jpeg from bitmap, but it's over the limit.

Nice #'s !!!

I want to see the chart from your pull.

Shrink your file to 25% of it's origional size.

Get it hosted from one of the various free sites like http://www.mustangmods.com/

Put it in the thread like this

Later
Grady

stangit@tampa

Here's the phone # 727-571-1450 ask for John. Address: 3201 118th Ave. N. #9 St Pete Fla. 3 pulls for $60.00 with A/F. He brought it down to $50 cause we had 3 of us = group rate.

Grady, I'll work on getting that file posted after work.

Thanks for the compliments !

Dewman :spot:

Dyno jpeg

Let's see how this works. I reduced it down to a smaller jpeg.

zenboy99 - didn't notice any lost of torque, maybe just a little when I put the O/R X-pipe, but gained alot on the top end.

Thanks again for the replys. Ed C's the way to go for the best cam or Steeda's #19 is good also. In stead of a cam, I'm going to try to save up for a turbo so I can keep up with my friends 03. :D

Ok, this is not working. I can upload it, but it not visible when you get back to main screen to view the post ????

Nice pulls! Now it's time to hit the track! Do you have dyno #'s for before the afr's went on? Also, do you have any old track times? I'm curious about your combo's times with the 3.55's. Thanks

OK Dewman

Just took a look at the chart of your pull.
I think its pretty good.

A few of my thoughts

A/f ratio@5500 (any higher with stock cam is na) 13 to 1 is the most rich point
A/F ratio@3000 about 14 to 1

A flat across the rpm above range A/F ratio of 12.75 give or take a few tenths would most likely make a bit more power. I see you have an afpr, it can help some I would think.

LT's would really help pick up the mid range tq #'s

The 3550 trans is eating up a bit more power than a T-5.

Stock cam is holding you back !!!
That is an issue not worth talking about except to say this one thing about it

You got #'s that are better than I expected with it !!! Thats why I wanted to see your chart.

Good Job :nice:

Later
Grady

Hey, for almost 20rwhp and 20rwtq, plus a better power curve, I'd spend $325 on a custom cam. I'm not saying the stock cam is terrible, b/c it actually isn't that bad (he's making great power with it), just that theres a little more power to be had out there, and $325 is that much considering the possible power gains. Just my $.02

Previous Dyno

go.rei GT,

Didn't forget you. Prior to heads,O/R X-pipe and Diabalo Sport chip, I had the Eldebrock intake, headers, cat'd x-pipe,C&L 76mm MAF, ASP UDP's & K&N filter for engine mods, and made approx. 227 rwhp on a dynojet. The AFR's are really worth the money. :nice:

I have not been to the track. Always saying I'll wait till the next mod then go. So now I'm out of excuses, and I'm waiting for Ford Fun days in Orlando to get some track time. :D

Dewman