New dyno numbers!

So I got back from performance dyno in NH yesterday and the numbers were 362hp and 372tq air/fuel was around 11.5 at WOT and he was running 15 degrees of timing due to old gas. He wrote me 2 tunes, one for 91 octane and one for 93 octane he said I could add more timing with my SCT Livewire when i get better gas in the tank with the 93 tune. I was wondering how much timing everyone runs with there supercharged set-up? mods are in signiture intercooled procharger 10#. I figured after this tank I would slowly add 1 or 2 degrees at a time and listen for pinging? I will try and post up my dyno sheet after work tonight!

• Sponsors (?)

I have no idea about total timing, but I will tell ya, a little timing makes a BIG difference. A couple of months ago when I went to the track, it was nice and cool out, and I figured I could add in some timing. I added 1 degree overall, and 1 degree from 4000-8000 rpm, and I gained almost .2 and 2 mph in the 1/4 mile! Very noticeable difference. I added 1 more degree and it started detonating; a few days later when it warmed up, I had to take that timing back out because it was detonating. While I know it will make a larger difference on mine because it's non-intercooled (and thus VERY weather dependent), I'm sure you'll notice a nice gain if you are able to add a degree or two of timing.

So I got back from performance dyno in NH yesterday and the numbers were 362hp and 372tq air/fuel was around 11.5 at WOT and he was running 15 degrees of timing due to old gas. He wrote me 2 tunes, one for 91 octane and one for 93 octane he said I could add more timing with my SCT Livewire when i get better gas in the tank with the 93 tune. I was wondering how much timing everyone runs with there supercharged set-up? mods are in signiture intercooled procharger 10#. I figured after this tank I would slowly add 1 or 2 degrees at a time and listen for pinging? I will try and post up my dyno sheet after work tonight!

Not to bring upset you, but those numbers seem really low for a procharger pushing 10psi of boost, i expected around 390rwhp.

Not to bring upset you, but those numbers seem really low for a procharger pushing 10psi of boost, i expected around 390rwhp.

Well, 360 on the wheels on a Mustang Dyno is upwards of 390 on a Dynojet. And if the tune really is conservative, 360 is pretty good regardless. There's at least some left in that 11.5 AF ratio; if a few degrees of timing could be added, you're easily looking at 25 rwhp.

All of this is dependent on the dyno, conditions, and tune. If it was in good weather, uncorrected numbers, on a Dynojet, with a relatively aggressive tune, then yes, 360 is pretty low. But if it is on a Mustang Dyno with a fat AF curve and several degrees of timing out, 360 is pretty dang stout.

Ya i thought 360 was a little low myself. I am still running the stock H pipe for now but hope to be replacing it soon. is 15 degrees of timing low? because it was on a dynojet but he said that was all he could get because I was rocking gas from last year! but he set me up with a 93 octane tune which i still need to load when i get better gas. I never seem to have good luck with dynos the last guy got 315 on a mustang dyno and it ran like ****, now it runs great but numbers are still a little low. can I add another 3-5 degrees maybe?

Does anyone know more about this timing situation or can someone hook me up with a link that explanes more about adding subtracting or everything about timing 99-04 2v engines? I see on KB website they did all there runs at 11:1 A/F and 23* timing, so could I be missing out on 8* of timing on a 93 octane tune? I have a livewire and would love to try it out when i get some better gas in the tank. Thanks! :nice:

all i have to say about this is be careful. real tuners incorporate a fail safe with their timing... basically, they set the timing high while the IAT's are low, and as the IAT increases their tune starts to pull timing out. at least that is what i was told by tim at modular power house. my tuner locked my timing at 15 degrees and there is no fail safe in place for high iat... basically 15 is safe under boost at all temps. which is why he told me that he would not load my tune on to a hand held and leave it unlocked for me to mess with the timing... in your case, if there is nothing in place to pull timing when your iats go up, then pop goes your motor.

you have to find a reputable tuner if you want an aggressive tune. most of these guys (at least in my area) are too scared to tune like that, because they dont want to have to replace an engine if they blow it. if i had the ability to add timing to my tune, i would only do it on a dyno while keeping track of my a/f ratio and horsepower output. there is a point where timing doesnt make any more horsepower, and it starts putting extra strain on your shortblock that doesnt need to be there from my understanding. good luck with it, swap out that stock h-pipe and it will make a world of difference.

Yes in all reality I prob. should not be messing with the tune right now. He did load a 93 octane tune that i still need to load when I get better gas and I will be replacing my H pipe soon. How much power can I see with an Off-road H pipe? I do have autometer gauges wideband, fuel pressure and boost and can monitor everything else with my livewire but am going to see what happens when I load the 93 tune. I am just kinda dispointed because I see everyone else with the same setup making 390-410WHP and here I am at 360 :( But I a few more mods and I think it will be there soon. Also do I need a tune if I add an Off-road H pipe? I will be installing the rear o2's.
Thanks! :D

Yes, you will need to retune an FI car once you add the offroad h pipe. The midpipe is going to make a heck of a lot of difference. You might lose 1psi, but you are going to probably make another 20hp.

Each car is different. One car might be able to take a certain amount of timing, while another can't. It's not an exact number all the time.

It's really impressive to watch an extremely good tuner spend time nailing down the WOT part of the tune on the dyno after they street tuned it first.