new dyno results on the sleeper :)

• Sponsors (?)

in reference to the z06....yes they are very very fast, but think of the majority of people who drive them. at least for my area(bay area, ca), most all people with c5/6 vettes and zo6s couldnt drive their way out of a paper bag, and bought the car in response to their midlife crisis, or because its "hella sick" and gonna get them some ass. i understand those cars stock can turn 11.7 @ 125 with car and driver mag drivers, but how about billy asshat i see on the expressway thinking he is god's gift to mankind in his "hella sick"vette. they see my car with a rusty tow hitch roll up and wax his ass then i laugh at him at the next light. its a gratifying experience. i also meant to say anyone with $70k can go get one, not anyone period. and as far as the tow hitch goes, we bought the car from a close friend named byron who in 1985 bought the car new and it was his daily driver. byron and his best friend built the car almost as it is now in the late 90's i believe, for byrons son to start road racing with, and the tow hitch was their "big joke". in 2005 byrons best friend passed away from cancer, and the site of the car was too much to bear. he owns a few hundred cars also needed space in his shop for his 93/03 cobra pair he had just bought so he sold us the car under the condition we left the tow hitch on. so no more about the hitch, ok?

There is your hand-built horsepower :p

(P.S. Incase you haven't noticed, look what's sitting on top of the black C6Z's motor)

Im sure the owner did all the work himself too, right? :p

But it still doesnt impress me. :shrug: I guess im getting old or something, but id rather have a 5.0L than a blown vette. Nothing makes me smile more than seeing a fox that just sounds nasty. Im not a sleeper person myself, but id take his 4 eye over a vette... add some paint, some wheels, a hood and be content with it.

Let's play nice.:)

You want some of this old man?!?!?! :D

your not getting old....im 20 and feel the same way. maybe its the classic muscle car in our blood. i would drive my 85 or hell my 88 any day over any vette.

My father in law has a C5, and everyone in the family besides me drools over it. He thinks its pretty fast too, so as soon as my car is done, he and i are having a little race. :D

I was raised with my uncle building Darts, camaros, mustangs, vegas, and i dunno.. all the new whiz bang of a new sports car doesnt do it for me. I will give credit to any fast car, but i see vettes more as a status symbol rather than people buying a race car to... race.

91gph50...i take it you really like vettes huh? eh well, not my cup of tea. oh and $5 says thats not owner handbuilt horsepower on that vette...its shopbuilt.

Actually, I can't stand them, and their owners. The C6Z is the one Corvette I would own, and own happily.

I'm not trying to start problems, I'm just trying to...present the other side of the argument if you will. I know the story behind the tow hitch, that's why I said "...He told us it isn't going, and that's his decision."

Yes, most cars these days go to the shop for modifications, and most specifically tuning. I enjoy working on my car, but there are many things I just can't do, and I know it, so it goes to the shop. With all the computers and electronics in cars these days, you can't just rip open a new 4.6 or 5.4, install something new, and tune it yourself like you could with a carb back in the day (well, most of us can't).

On the other hand, the car didn't come from the factory that way, so if you want to get technical, it is handbuilt horsepower.

Don't get me wrong guys, I love Mustangs to death. I think about my car every waking moment of the day. My family currently owns 5, we've had 7 at one time before (all running and road worthy, mind you). I'm a very, very loyal Ford owner, and will fight it to my death.

I'm just saying that the C6Z is a bad mama-jama. I've ridden in one, a family friend owns one, and I see and hear them just about every day. It's a bad bitch for sure.

agreed. but its still a chevy, and most importantly...not a mustang

Yes true indeed Dillon. haha I can safely say my car has and will still to this day take any 06 zo6. But yes I do understand about the 70k and going and buying one of the fastes cars out there right now. Although we built mine. So I'm pretty damn happy! take care bro and what is the status of your 88??

I know nobody else likes it but:

rusted to heck old trailer hitch + dirty old 20yr old fox + 320rwhp= ultimate sleeper/ego bruiser

even after popping the hood it doesn't look impressive!

love the idea!!

Now you just have to post some good matchups from the dragstrip (ls1, c5, wrx sti, evo)

kill em all!

im not sure everyone saw that the 320 is on a mustang dyno...it works out to 350ish on a dynojet, the most common used rear wheel dyno when people want to brag about numbers. and as far as my 88 chris, its still down..i popped a 650dp on it and we just now need to re wire the alternator...its not charging then it will be running.