New dyno #s , Damn this is crazy !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saying they are not the best is not sufficient.
Why are they not the best?
How do you define best?
Do you want to include any more testing parameters?
Are you looking for the most midrange or low end power?
Do they flow too much up top and it hurts velocity at lower rpms?
Are the plenums insufficient in displacement for the amount of head flow on that particular motor?
What was the motor setup that the intakes were tested on?
What intake works better if the Trickflow intakes are not up to task?

The list could go on, the point it that more I think everyone would appreciate more tech to back up that statement. I am not saying Trickflow is the end all be all, but these are important questions.

• Sponsors (?)

Slow5.0 said:
Stock 94-95 Cobra intake elbow is 70mm, two years ago when i ported upper and lower i have elbow open to 75mm, and onece again when i bought this new TB i open elbow to 79mm

WTG Ernie. I love these threads cause they give me new ideas/info for my 347 build. I am porting the Cobra lower and will now open TB opening on upper to 79mm. I was concerened about using a 75mm TB, but not any more! :banana:

Hold on guys, i didn't say i gonna get soon , i meant if i ever gonna do, its could me TFS TH intake, and what part you guys didn't understand whan i said that i have planed install hair dryer (turbo) but thats after buttom end is done

Grn92LX said:
Just doing my job Ernie :cool:

That is awesome man. Glad to see your happy. If you're happy, so am I. Thanks for taking my "big" advice. Thats 2 positive 75mm tb dyno results on 302's with in 2 weeks :nice:
What were the results with a 70? :hail2:

OH...you dont have them?

How can you do a study with one part, and say it was better.

ANY TB would have better with your combo, since that was your bottle neck

The guys (well at least myself) that go with 70 are mainly talking a car with no mods.

If you put a Twin Turbo, 331, 3" exhaust Holley intake and use stock e7 heads and do a dyno, then port the E7 heads, you are going to see more gains than a stock car with ported E7's... Do you then say

"Ported E7's are the best heads...I gained 80 HP with them, and other guys only gain 50 with AFRs."

Point made.....with that said

CONGRATS ON THE NEW POWER SETH!!!!

RC

V8SHME8 said:
Just saying they are not the best is not sufficient.
Why are they not the best?
How do you define best?
Do you want to include any more testing parameters?
Are you looking for the most midrange or low end power?
Do they flow too much up top and it hurts velocity at lower rpms?
Are the plenums insufficient in displacement for the amount of head flow on that particular motor?
What was the motor setup that the intakes were tested on?
What intake works better if the Trickflow intakes are not up to task?

The list could go on, the point it that more I think everyone would appreciate more tech to back up that statement. I am not saying Trickflow is the end all be all, but these are important questions.

There where some dyno comparisons on here before comparing different intakes. I think it was from Anderson Ford for 5.0 Mustang? :shrug:

hey Ernan, i was wondering if you feel you lost throttle response with the bigger TB?

i'm just asking cause it was posted on another site, that when you go big on the TB you lose alot of throttle response. i'm not saying it's true, just wondering if you think you lost any.

thanks
joe

TrueBlue95GT said:
Glad to see my throttle body helped ya get some good numbers. :nice:

Thanks man

donkey_punch said:
hey Ernan, i was wondering if you feel you lost throttle response with the bigger TB?

i'm just asking cause it was posted on another site, that when you go big on the TB you lose alot of throttle response. i'm not saying it's true, just wondering if you think you lost any.

thanks
joe

Nope , its good, i have no problems at all with this TB except that CAI is too closeto oil filler ,but thats because i use Fox body valve covers but that doesn't metter

You should get better throttle response with a larger throttle body. Since the area of the plate is larger with a bigger throttle body, you're letting in more air at a given degree of opening compared to a smaller throttle body.

One of my friends had a driveability issue with a 90mm race TB because the computer kept thinking a certain amount of air was being let in at a certain TPS voltage.

94GTLaserRC said:

OH...you dont have them?

The guys (well at least myself) that go with 70 are mainly talking a car with no mods.

If you put a Twin Turbo, 331, 3" exhaust Holley intake and use stock e7 heads and do a dyno, then port the E7 heads, you are going to see more gains than a stock car with ported E7's... Do you then say

"Ported E7's are the best heads...I gained 80 HP with them, and other guys only gain 50 with AFRs."

RC

Exactly.

94GTLaserRC said:

OH...you dont have them?

RC

Rob, heres your 70 vs 75mm tb results on an afr 165 headed 302. 5hp/tq gain across the board. I just PM'd the guy this afternoon and asked the real deal before I responded back to you. And like I said, going from a 70mm tb to a 75mm tb with port matched adapter he gained 5 hp/tq across the board. Not too shabby. He also did 65 vs 70mm and I remember the peak #'s being 11hp, but I can't recall the rest. You'd have to ask him. He claimed a loss of throttle response and said he could fix that with tuning. I know I did not feel this loss and neither did Ernie. It must be a hit or miss thing.

I hope your response wasn't meant to be a 'flame'?

Mike

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=576886

Grn92LX said:
Rob, heres your 70 vs 75mm tb results on an afr 165 headed 302. 5hp/tq gain across the board. I just PM'd the guy this afternoon and asked the real deal before I responded back to you. And like I said, going from a 70mm tb to a 75mm tb with port matched adapter he gained 5 hp/tq across the board. Not too shabby. He also did 65 vs 70mm and I remember the peak #'s being 11hp, but I can't recall the rest. You'd have to ask him. He claimed a loss of throttle response and said he could fix that with tuning. I know I did not feel this loss and neither did Ernie. It must be a hit or miss thing.

Mike

He never said he gained a 5hp gain across the board, this is what he put:

"nice 5tq spike down low"

Yes, he said "spike". Don't twist words please...not good for information to other stangers. Post straight up and no twisty roads or words :nice:

5spd GT said:
He never said he gained a 5hp gain across the board, this is what he put:

"nice 5tq spike down low"

Yes, he said "spike". Don't twist words please...not good for information to other stangers. Post straight up and no twisty roads or words :nice:

PM him and ask like I did. It was all across the board. Don't hate facts ;) Stop bickering like Joe (Vibrant) asked. Facts were posted and no reason for them to be contested. Just stop it, grow up.

Unreal. :nonono:

Grn92LX said:

Mike

My response was NOT, as I know yours was not....I kinda like this debate anyway..

My point is that (keeping in mind, I have a BS and doctorate in science degrees with several publications, and I need research to make conclusions, not isolated reports) ONE person saying what a difference doesnt prove it. For every ONE that says the 75 is "better" you can find another that says the 70 is. In order to say one is better, you need a control (compare them all in the same scenario).

That's what I read in older 5.0 mags...Head to head comparisons.

Ciao. :cheers:
RC

wytstang said:
The fact is he publicly posted "spiked" which to me means peaked. A pm is just that a private message which is not publicly posted fact :rolleyes:

Thank you...saved me some typing :)

I'm sure is PM was a bit bias as well...because everyone knows where grn92lx stands on his 75mm TB. :p

Grn92lx - I'm not bickering...I'm just straightening out some misprinted info. Is that fighting? The thing is I have to do it quite a bit with you for some strange reason. I can't really think of anyone else...so their is one variable sticking out between you and 100's of other members. You. good luck

Ernie - Did you do the fox body conversion as well with the bigger TB?

Status
Not open for further replies.