New dyno #s , Damn this is crazy !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

I'll clear things up a bit I got a 5 tq spike all the way to 4000 rpm, and I got a hp spike all the way through the rpm range, I did lose a little throttle response, but that was rectified with a little more fuel pressure and a slightly smaller gap in the plugs, and about 2 degrees more timing (at 14* now).
I too was one saying that the 75 mm was too big, it is for a stock headed and cammed 302, but a non stock top end car can and will benefit from it. Now when I first did my comparrison it was without the port matched elbow, when I ported one of mine to match things did change.

Thanks for the clearup...so did you get a 5hp spike "across the board" like grn92lx posted above as well?

So the torque wasn't across the board (just to 4k).

How low did that spike start?

And this is comparing it to a unported inlet on the manifold....that could "fool" the readings a bit. Turbulence and no turbulence:)

WHITE94COBRA said:
I'll clear things up a bit I got a 5 tq spike all the way to 4000 rpm, and I got a hp spike all the way through the rpm range, I did lose a little throttle response, but that was rectified with a little more fuel pressure and a slightly smaller gap in the plugs, and about 2 degrees more timing (at 14* now).
I too was one saying that the 75 mm was too big, it is for a stock headed and cammed 302, but a non stock top end car can and will benefit from it. Now when I first did my comparrison it was without the port matched elbow, when I ported one of mine to match things did change.

More facts. :nice:

I'm sure is PM was a bit bias as well

Negative ghost rider, but good try :) I could post the PM, but the facts have been provided so no need. If you want to see it, let me know.

Grn92LX said:
More facts. :nice:

How is SOTP facts? He had to change some tuning to get back his sotp? To bad the TB had to "make" him do that :(

I'm sure I could get more sotp from my 65mm TB if I messed with some settings. That is all in tuning...not the throttle body :)

Good try though...

Grn92LX said:
Negative ghost rider, but good try :) I could post the PM, but the facts have been provided so no need. If you want to see it, let me know.

Pm's can be edited...did you not think I would think of that? Either way you were twisting the words he posted.

He got a spike to 4,000rpm...but not across the board like you said.

"negative ghostrider, the pattern is full". - One of my favorite movies.

The pattern may be full but your "facts" are twisted :nice:

Not mine. He gained, end of story :) He could post the PM as well, I would never edit that to make myself look better. Ernie already made me look good by putting my name in bold :D

More air in = the need for more fuel.

I think i'm done with this post.

Thanks for posting Ernie and going out of your way. Thanks for taking my advice on choosing the correct part. Now get to the track :D

The gain in the Tq was only to 4000 rpm, but did not go below what I had when I had the 70mm on. the hp spike really showed up at 3000 rpm not at all down low. However the low end hp lost 1 until 3000 I believe that is due to the cam. The sotp difference is negotiable to me I "CAN" feel the TQ I dont feel the hp. Fellas All I'm giving is dyno results, I have no track times, and as for the feel it feels basically the same up top, it does however come alive down low much better, I can no longer lay on the throttle in second gear; It breaks traction much easier than before. The only reason I did any comparison was to show that bigger is not better, I was wrong "In my application." This test was done on a car that has minor modifications and bolt ons. How will this effect a stock headed, cammed, intake car will vary vastly from what I have. Ernie like me has mods. So everyone is right in there own way, I gained in my application, Ernie gained in his application, Now tell us if killer hasnt had phenominal results from his application!!!!
(killer theres still more in that thing) Also remember tecnology is 100% better now than it was 1 year ago, the afr, fti, edel combo will be beat by something. Its the old adage, If you think your the toughest or the best its because you havnt met them yet. So in closing your all right to a certain degree. I learned from both sides.

Tony

P.S. I am one of those people who is not satisfied by what others say, I need to do them myself (good or bad) This is just my conclusions and has no bearings on YOUR individual results.

Thanks for the unbias report White94Cobra:nice:

I simply posted how the 5hp and torque gain across the board claimed by grn92lx was simply false and misleading...and was thrown down even by the applicator himself:)

Ouch...

White, you told me you gained to 6200 rpm. So I posted what I was told. None the less a gain is a gain and you sure did gain. Nice to see the low end torque gain too and the less traction you have now due to the extra power :D Track times soon? Ernies gains are really sweet :D

Grn92LX said:
White, you told me you gained to 6200 rpm. So I posted what I was told. None the less a gain is a gain and you sure did gain. Ernies gains are really sweet :D

Yeah over a stock TB (OEM to be exact) :nice:

Probably because your PM was bias (referring to bold).

So this still does not change anything about the 75mm TB's..."ouch".

Grn92LX said:
Ouch, you're wrong :D

Thanks white, nice to see more proof of the 75mm gaining over the 70mm.

1hp loss below 3,000rpm and loss of throttle response that had to be tuned back in. Ouch. Where do most people spend their time in the rpms? Lower...not 2,800 rpm and up. Where does that dyno begin;)

"ouch"

Status
Not open for further replies.