New Dyno #'s with the MSD

cobra259

Jul 26, 2004
Waterford Mi
I picked up 9rwhp and 6rwtq with just the MSD 6al. My buddy the owner of the dyno shop said the his tune was dead on and the HP increase was just from the MSD.
427RWHP & 434RWTQ...not to bad from just 9psi.

• Sponsors (?)

Decent numbers and interesting results.

Not to steal the thread or to beat a dead horse, but your combo is fairly close to Someone elses on here who claims to have made 554 rwhp off of 9 psi with a safe tune. (same heads, street heat intake, b-41 cam, an s-trim and even the same tranny) And people wondered why i thought the numbers were insanely high. The only thing really different then most was an aem system. 125rwhp!?!? i don't see it!!!

cobra259 said:
I picked up 9rwhp and 6rwtq with just the MSD 6al. My buddy the owner of the dyno shop said the his tune was dead on and the HP increase was just from the MSD.
427RWHP & 434RWTQ...not to bad from just 9psi.

Thats great ...Glad it worked out that way for you :banana:

You being blown and susceptible to spark blow out ... I can see how a gain like that could happen :D

Not so sure if that could be duplicated on a NA combo that had a stock ignition that was known to be in good working order :shrug:

Grady

final5-0 said:
Thats great ...Glad it worked out that way for you :banana:

You being blown and susceptible to spark blow out ... I can see how a gain like that could happen :D

Not so sure if that could be duplicated on a NA combo that had a stock ignition that was known to be in good working order :shrug:

Grady

I did have to close the gap a little because of spark blow out at higher rpm's. We did open the gap a little, no help with more power. But I already saw the HP increase. Not to menchion the rev limiter with the MSD, will pull out spark, not fuel. Much safer. :)

(quote) sweet numbers! those numbers are almost exactly what i had before Heads/meth. inj i was at 423RWHP i go to the dyno with the new combo on the 19th hopefully my numbers are believable

Good luck! you should be making more power than me for sure!

moneypit94 said:
Decent numbers and interesting results.

Not to steal the thread or to beat a dead horse, but your combo is fairly close to Someone elses on here who claims to have made 554 rwhp off of 9 psi with a safe tune. (same heads, street heat intake, b-41 cam, an s-trim and even the same tranny) And people wondered why i thought the numbers were insanely high. The only thing really different then most was an aem system. 125rwhp!?!? i don't see it!!!

You really got to get over it man!!!
:nonono: