New edge vs. fox....

• Sponsors (?)

Let's compare steam engines to jet engines while we're at it. :O_o:

Oranges to Water melons?

Dial-up to Broadband?

110 Kodak film to HD Digital?

If you're not into the nostalgia and brute attitude of a Fox then it's not your car. Refinement and features are ALWAYS better on the latest version of just about everything.

Hell... I can't even WATCH the first Hulk movie anymore. :nonono:

Oh wait!!!! Record Albums to I-Tunes! :rlaugh:

If you haven't picked up on it yet... Yes... I'm busting your balls. :D

Well I understand that.I'm just saying, the 5.0 is straight power, fun to beat up on, and old skool, but I'd like to hear people that have a pushrod, and a modular 2V, and what is the best year, and pricing for one..

I've driven a 2V with minor bolt ons (410's, alum driveline, exhaust, intake). And I just loved the new car feeling of it, very smooth, good fuel economy(for the gears). I get about 23 with 373's.

I realize that they are totally different feelings.

Probably not the right section to ask, but I did anyways...

you can get mid 20's in MPG with a fox with mild HCI setups.

Its all about what you want. I like a 94-95 car because you can fit a big tire on them, but foxes are far from a rattletrap if they are done right and taken care of. Unless you are talking about verts.

There is know real answer to this question it depends on the day really. for me anyways. I have three different body styles and they each have there purpose. I love my t-top just because its a clean fox, not a rattletrap! lol But then i love my 95 for the NA power that it has and the sick idle but then again when we go away somewhere nice and we take the 03 convertible it makes me want one of those just because there new(well to me anyways) and the drive like there new. But im sure the day will come when the 99-04's are rattle traps too!!!

Lets hear the pro's and cons, I have been leaning towards getting a new edge for a DD, I will still keep my fox and continue to build it.
A new edge makes a fine daily driver. It's pretty much as Noobz347 said concerning foxes in that it's the nostalgia and brute attitude which makes them appealing; not to mention their simplicity. I drove an '86 GT as my daily for several years and loved that car. It was junky (ended up selling to a paint and body guy who really made a nice car out of it), had no A/C, no carpet, and no cupholders in sight. I loved that car. I also drove a mint 2002 GT for several years. That car was smooth, clean, and beautiful. 2002-2004 are good years for power from a 4.6 in the stock configuration. That car dyno'd 252hp/278tq at the wheels with 105,000 miles and only an off-road h and flowmasters (not even a chip or cold air).

I would say go with both so you can whichever one suits your mood at any given moment. I still kick myself for selling those cars.

boxers or briefs
mary ann or ginger
taste great or less filling

I personally don't like the new edge body style except for the cobra. I've owned just about every body style except for the SN 95. It all comes down to personal preference, as you can't compare twenty years difference in technology. Comparing a fox body to a new edge is like comparing a sn197 to the to an SN95.

If I was going to buy a newer mustang, it would be a 2011 and up. They are light years ahead of the new edge.

I never liked the look of the new edge besides of course the cobra. New edge cars are way to fat in the rear, I don't like the door handles, the rear bumper, basically nothing about them... The interior didn't change its sn95 curves to fit more with the straighter lines of new edge..
I don't know... I just don't like any other later model mustang besides my fox. I love my 09 Chevy pickup and 08 civic for daily comfort. And my beloved fox for when I need to feel brute strength and speed. Plus the looks I get from car guys is awesome, as are the looks I get from the tree huggers in their Prius when I pass em in my stinky fox!

I may be in the minority, but i see no use for owning 2 mustangs, unless you have the means to own many more vehicles than just those two.
First off, one will suffer, second of all, why restrict yourself to yet another car with a useless back seat that sucks in bad weather?

Instead buy something like a Trailblazer SS, they are fairly cheap, come in AWD, very good in the rain, seat 4 adults easily and will give alot of mustangs a run for their money.

A 4 door 4wd pickup would be a good choice too.

Reactions: 1 user
If i lived in an area where the weather was nice year around, i would absolutely DD a fox. No question about it. It wouldn't be a modded fox though, and it would have a crap ton of modern improvements like upgraded brakes and suspension, power everything, etc. If i want refinement i'll drive a S197.

I finally gave up daily driving my 89 Mustang 5 years ago to get niceties like functioning AC and cruise. Bought an 07 350Z, tired of that (lack of low end torque), and last year bought an 04 Cobra for my daily driver (which lasted until winter - my wife is not happy). The new edge was 15 years newer than the fox, had things like cup holders, and everything in it worked great. The 89 is much lighter, and therefore handles better, and is quicker; but they're both great cars, great fun to drive daily (except in the winter...). I like having both - can't wait for Spring.

What about 94-95 5.0's?

My thought as well. Love my 95 vert, DD'ed it in the summer until I bought the 13. Totally love the car, feels modern (it was a low mileage one though that was babied from day one). Would probably keep it for ever, but can't justify hanging on to all 3, so it's going up for sale in the spring. I'm going to miss her though!

I had a 91 LX that was the donor car for my 67 drive train. It's not a good yardstick because it was thrashed, but I definitely like the 95 much better for handling and comfort. I'm not as big of a fan of the New Edge body style, and like the 94-95 because they still have pushrods!

I have both right now. My 99 has a blower and I love that car. The fox is just a beater and will be a race car. That should explain why I have the 99.

Now to contradict myself: The 99 is for sale to finance the 87, but Im not in any hurry to sell it. It's also gonna finance a few other projects I have around the house. Sometimes no debt > toys