New electronic toy

95BlueStallion

My assy trans to myself
15 Year Member
Feb 22, 2007
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
So like I said at the end of another thread about needing bass in the stang, I decided to revamp my stereo setup. I tore out the huge dual sub box that I had, and cut it down to a single sub box. I then put it in my trunk facing the rear of the car, and rebuilt my rear seat delete which I covered with gray and black vinyl rather than carpet. But the best part of all is that I went and got a new cd/dvd player with a 7" flip out screen! They have come down in price big time in the last couple years! I was in the market for new cd player, but saw how inexpensive the dvd players are and dove in. I did get the 4 year geek squad warrantly from best buy since it has a lot of moving parts that Im sure will wear out at some point. I will take pics when I get home and post them up for those that may be interested. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

ive been thinkin of doin the whole speakers set up over... my driver side is starting to fade out and in when it feels like it... so its either a loose connection or maybe the amps ****ting the bed...

i had a jensen in my car for a an hour to see if i liked the pop up tv idea, and i liked it... i went back to my alpine cd player... but i think ill b goin with a tv eventually...

Sorry bout the lack of pics guys, I ended up staying late at work and when I got home I cracked open a beer and just hung out. I'll take them today for sure. The RSD is still under construction, but the head unit is in. Yeah, it ran $599, plus I got the 4 year warranty for another $99. When I was looking at them way back when, they were $1200-1500! The damn thing has wiring for everything. It has a USB cord, Ipod sound and video cords, navigation cord, rear view camera cord, front/rear/subwoofer RCA outs, etc. I had to do a lot of tucking when it came time to fit it in the dash. I ran the USB over to the glove box so I can hook up the digital camera to it if I ever want to. I dont know when I ever would though. Its definitely fun to tinker with. Inifiniti, I wouldnt mess around with the Jensen unless you get a good warranty. The guys at Best Buy steered me away from it really fast and said they have heard nothing but complaints about how quick it gives out.

Sorry bout the lack of pics guys, I ended up staying late at work and when I got home I cracked open a beer and just hung out. I'll take them today for sure. The RSD is still under construction, but the head unit is in. Yeah, it ran $599, plus I got the 4 year warranty for another $99. When I was looking at them way back when, they were $1200-1500! The damn thing has wiring for everything. It has a USB cord, Ipod sound and video cords, navigation cord, rear view camera cord, front/rear/subwoofer RCA outs, etc. I had to do a lot of tucking when it came time to fit it in the dash. I ran the USB over to the glove box so I can hook up the digital camera to it if I ever want to. I dont know when I ever would though. Its definitely fun to tinker with. Inifiniti, I wouldnt mess around with the Jensen unless you get a good warranty. The guys at Best Buy steered me away from it really fast and said they have heard nothing but complaints about how quick it gives out.

yeah theyre junk IMHO... just a friend had one laying around and i wanted to get an idea of how it looked in the car...

sweet deal!

So I took some crappy pics in the dark, but my wife was online studying to become oncology certified in may, so that took importance over me posting pics. I'll get a couple better daytime pics of a few of the screens before I post them up tonight.

A few quick shots, but not the best quality. Lighting sucked.

NicksCamera194.jpg

NicksCamera200.jpg

NicksCamera195.jpg

I liked this model because it folded in and looks like a regular cd player when off. The other models they had were a bit less expensive, but the screen was in a fixed position that would take some custom installing and would not hide away...

Attachments

• NicksCamera194.jpg
    NicksCamera194.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 59
  • NicksCamera200.jpg
    NicksCamera200.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 62
  • NicksCamera195.jpg
    NicksCamera195.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 59