NEW ENGINE/TRANS/SUSPENSION COMBO!!!

SHOWTIME!!

May 14, 2008
Getting ready to drop way to much cash on the 99 GT. Tell me what you guys think. 8:5 compression all forged 302 stroker. Patriot stage 2 fully ported heads. Comp stage 3 cams. kenne bell 2.6 (pushing around 18-20 psi with intercooler). A1000 full pump, 55lbs injectors and matching MAF, Mid length headers, 3 inch X pipe, 3 inch spinetechs, viper spec T56, (havent decided on clutch yet), 31 spline strange axles and differental, 4.10 gears, complete front tubulor set up, coil overs front/rear. Wheels will be 18x9 chrome bullets infront and 18x10 in rear with nitto 555R's on rear. I plan to have it tuned by Modular Powerhouse. Tell me what u guys think. Any suggestions?

• Sponsors (?)

Getting ready to drop way to much cash on the 99 GT. Tell me what you guys think. 8:5 compression all forged 302 stroker. Patriot stage 2 fully ported heads. Comp stage 3 cams. kenne bell 2.6 (pushing around 18-20 psi with intercooler). A1000 full pump, 55lbs injectors and matching MAF, Mid length headers, 3 inch X pipe, 3 inch spinetechs, viper spec T56, (havent decided on clutch yet), 31 spline strange axles and differental, 4.10 gears, complete front tubulor set up, coil overs front/rear. Wheels will be 18x9 chrome bullets infront and 18x10 in rear with nitto 555R's on rear. I plan to have it tuned by Modular Powerhouse. Tell me what u guys think. Any suggestions?

I wouldnt go with a 302 stroker. I read that the clylinder side loading is not worth the extra stroke. it is said to substantialy decrease engine life due to increased frictoin. Not sure about patriot heads. some people claim that the problems they used to have are fixed and others claim they still have valve guide problems. If you can spend a little extra i would get some from foxlake or mmr. when you say stage 3 cams i assume that you mean blower cams. I would go with stage 2s they should be plenty. what are your hp goals? reason i ask is because the KB may not be able to provide that much boost. you might as well get 60lbs injectors. as i believe they are priced the same. jmschip.com has good deals on 60lbs injectors with sct mafs. everything else sounds good.

yea, 60# injectors, sct maf or abaco if your going blowthrough, i would recommend foxlake or mph heads and cams. stage 2 cams will be great. i have stage1 and my power output is pretty good and we are not done tuning yet. i dont think we will make a lot more on this pulley though. you will need a beefed up fuel system so save some cash for that. MPH talked me out of the stroker also. however, i know there are guys on here that have them and they seem to be running good numbers. good luck......im still working out all the bugs.

i had problems with my belt, car running in limp mode, air charge temps, and the blower having a leaky oil seal and blowing the oil throught the intercooler.

all my stuff was brand new and i dorve the car with 502 rwhp for 3 days. all these problems then started to happen.

point is...have some back up cash!