New England will NEVER be the same..........

65stanger

big blue fuzzy closet monster
Founding Member
Oh the humanity!:eek:

We came, we saw, we ran amok!:eek:

What a fantastic day! It was loads of fun to finally meet Pak (AND Deanna!) in the flesh (and no farberware in sight either!)
Lots of "crash" jokes at Dan's expense (especially after he NARROWLY missed the guard rail leaving the ferry dock this a.m.)
FFR was as we remembered....and lunch at WORTH's top secret compound on the Cape was awesome, thanks to Mrs. WORTH!:hail2: :hail2: :hail2:

On the trip home Dan, Dee and I had to stop in New Bedford to pick up a fuel tank for a friend of Dan's and poor Deanna rode from there to New London wedged between the backseat and the two front seats!

We're already talking about our next NE-Amoking, and hope to get together before another two years goes by!

• Sponsors (?)

Awesome, yes it was AWESOME!

It was well worth the five hours in a car each way. Factory five was much smaller than I thought, but nice to get to look at all the cars and get a few sketching ideas while dad was off talking to Joe and getting parts.

Got to meet Pak and BBFCM AND Worth.
BBFCM is indeed a big, not blue, once fuzzy, closet monster, but like a second dad and or uncle. :nice:
Pak is awesome! I never figured we'd have so much in common and someone who saw art and my quirks about it. Not to mention he listens to good music!
Worth & Mrs. Worth were really great people. Nice garage and amazing cooking! :drool:

Ride home was a big squished at first, but good the rest of the way. An hour and a bit more of sitting between a box of cobra parts, stacked on our friends huge gas tank which was sitting on the back seat and I was between that and the front seat. Then after we dropped off BBFCM, the rest of the ride was good.
When we were an hour away from home, all off a sudden dad and I saw something drop from the sky and zig-zag before it dissapeared. It was really bright, and really freaky. That had me goin' for a bit...

When we got home, I jumped into my car and drove over to a friends house to hang with everyone for our get together we had planned. I stayed up for 24 hours and went to bed around 4:30am this morning and then woke up at 9am. Lotsa fun.

I'll download the pics from my camera and dad's, and have dad hook up the scanner so he can scan the drawn pic in tomorrow, or just send it to work with him.

MustangGurl2695 said:
Ride home was a big squished at first, but good the rest of the way. An hour and a bit more of sitting between a box of cobra parts, stacked on our friends huge gas tank which was sitting on the back seat and I was between that and the front seat.

Poor gurrl, :hail2:

Fun!

I just posted on the other thread, and put up some pics there, so I'll put up others here.

Like everyone else, it was a GREAT time! I put in a total of 660 miles in one day, roughly 12 hours total behind the wheel, but it was all worth it! Without a doubt, we gotta go do this again!

Here's Deanna & Fritz...

View attachment 434842

Today, I pulled out the crunced body from Cobrask8, and swapped places with the new body. The old body will be held for the possibility of an FIA style body, if not, I will cut it up & sell parts.

Crunchsk8Newsk8.jpg

t_chelle16 said:
Wish I could have gone, but I have a crappy job to go to. :(

-Chelle
I would be happy to come amoking your way, but I just saw this show on the Discovery channel about a major fault line under MO, and how y'all are l-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-ng overdue for a MAJOR earthquake!
And I DO NOT want to go down in history as the Closet Monster that broke the country in half!:eek:
1320stang said:
BBFCM is sorta short, huh? LOL!!!
Actually I was the tallest one there....in that pic Deanna is standing on the trailer tongue.

65stanger said:
I would be happy to come amoking your way, but I just saw this show on the Discovery channel about a major fault line under MO, and how y'all are l-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-ng overdue for a MAJOR earthquake!
And I DO NOT want to go down in history as the Closet Monster that broke the country in half!:eek:

LOL. We've actually had a couple minor earthquakes within the last few years.

Maybe one of these years when I get Sadie all finished I'll take a road trip up there (never been north of Pennsylvania before so I'd like to see it some time).

-Chelle