New Find 428 SCJ ,Mine now

YellowMach69

Founding Member
Aug 5, 2002
buffalo new york
I found a 1969 SCJ ,Its either a fastback SCJ or a GT SCJ
But the problem is ,No 428 left ,No 4:33 gears left, No engine oiler on front .Its got a running 351 engine, And horns are reinstalled wrong onto the car wrong.The guy also tried converting to deluxe interior. I realize it would cost alot to return to a 428 but geesh i can get it kinda cheap
Ok i went to look at car and get pictures , heres everything, warning large pictures , and i tried to take pictures of the bad things.Like the shock towers have little squares cut into them on front to grease fittings, and radiator support has notches cut out? Floors and frame looks awesome, the only thing i seen on floors is the seams have rust, the drop offs on quarter panels are even nice with original drain plugs there,THE CLOCK STILL WORKS i coundt believe that, and the factory tach works nice As seen on main page many shaker cars had no hood pins , I believe this to be a fastback ,Ill have to look for build sheet or wait for my Marti Report

Picture027.jpg

Picture026.jpg

Picture021.jpg

Picture022.jpg

Picture023.jpg

Picture001.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Picture024.jpg

Picture020.jpg

Picture015.jpg
[/img]
Picture002.jpg

As seen on main page many shaker cars had no hood pins , I believe this to be a fastback ,Ill have to look for build sheet or wait for my Marti Report

• Sponsors (?)

Dude!

Either way, it's quite a car!

Probably just a sportsroof, could be an old drag-racer, that's the way it looks, though the blue interior is interesting, someoune swapped in the Deluxe interior!
Questions:

Tach?
Should still have Stagger Shocks?
N-case still there?

It'll be a BIG investment to bring back, but I say Go!

Besides, I know how much grunt these cars have, having had one for many years, they're just insane when they hook up!~

I know a few good vendors for the parts you need, but they're NOT cheap! Get the bottomless checkbook ready!

Congrats from me too. I'd kill for a '69 sports roof. I know where one is sitting(or rotting) in the weeds with no engine. Judging on how high traffic the area is and how long the car has been in the same spot, I highly doubt the owner will sell. Its my favorite color too :( .

65fastback2+2 said:
did the 428 actually come in a regular sportsroof? i thought it would be a mach 1 with the 428. btw, 69 was the 428 CJ, 70 was the 428SCJ

SCJ was an option to the CJ car, it was called the Drag Pack option. when the car was ordered with the drag pack the CJ automatically became and SCJ, with the oil cooler, and all the other goodies. it was available to all 69-70 CJ cars and could even be ordered on base model coupes.

Well i got it home today and went thru car real good, Heres good things,Fenders are original and perfect no rust or holes, All floors are original and as far as i seen no pimple holes or anything, Its got an original tailight panel, which seems good still, In truck i went thru it complty and the trunk is perfect accept for a spot about3/8 wide x3/4 spot near gastank edge , The frame is awesome.Oh it doesnt have the 428 but its got a 351 5.4 HO that runs pretty nice, This car drives down the road so nice compared to the mach 1 i recently bought, The tach works great and the clock works nice,
No the bad things ,Sombody replaced the rear quarters with 1970 panels.I was told my the last owner that the guy he got it from was given NOS 70 panels so he useed themsince they were free,And of coarse cars missing ALL the goodies(428 dragpak motor,C6 tranny ,and the 28 spline 4:30 rear end,The big block towers are not cracked but sombody did makie holes togrease the bushings :mad: .
View attachment 515271
View attachment 515273
View attachment 515275
View attachment 515277
View attachment 515279
View attachment 515280
View attachment 515281
View attachment 515282
View attachment 515283
View attachment 515285
View attachment 515286
View attachment 515287