new ford engine options for 2008.

billfisher

Jul 17, 2005
huntsville, AL
a claim made by a focus group participant.

he claims the following...

So there will be a new 5.5 gas V8 ($1000.00 option)
also hybrid V8 ($4500.00option)
and a 4.5 Diesel ($3000.00 option) this will be available in the next few years...

Its not just a rumor any more I might pick up the Diesel Thought you guys would enjoy the info.
Cheers J.T.

this is for the pick ups, but it at least it fortells things to come.

5.5 will be able to tow and haul the most in its class look for around 350HP
and the 5.4 will be standard

i am not sure what this means for the 6.2l boss, but at least they are moving in the right direction.

• Sponsors (?)

well thats good news, stepping back in the direction of power through cubic inches. Though I'm not gonna lie, if you told me they were planning on making a 3.0 V8 with 70 overhead cams standard in the pickups, I would probably not be surprised...

ford needs to step it up in the coming years. they need to figure out how to break the 400hp barrier without going F/I if they want the mustang to continue to sell against cars coming out like the camaro and challenger.

if they got their heads out of their asses and unleashed the potential of the 5.4L with 4V heads and used it more often, it would get cheaper and have better gains than the 4.6.

I think they just need to go back to roots... I mean, GM's method of big cubes=big power has been working very nicely, they have pushrod engines putting out 400hp stock while Ford is tinkering around with 4.6 OHC setups and struggling to get 300. I agree with thomas, a 5.4 with 4V heads would be a killer setup, probably good for 350hp N/A and enough to compete with the big guns that chevy and dodge are bringing

no it's for trucks, but it is examples of new stuff coming down the line. i suspect the 5.5 is a smaller version of the hurricane/boss or over bored 5.4.

who knows. it's just news. i read that the turbo diesel is from rover. a twin turbo. again who knows. for sure some of this is crap, but ford is making big changes to the lineup of motors by the end of 2008.

high output V6's, smaller twin turbo diesels, and large V8's.

edit: P.S. the rumored BOSS 2008 mustang would be cool with a 350 -400hp 5.4 3v. god i only wish. a source of cheap aftermarket 5.4 3v parts. i have also read they are using the 6.2l in it to compete with challenger and Camaro.

billfisher said:
no it's for trucks, but it is examples of new stuff coming down the line. i suspect the 5.5 is a smaller version of the hurricane/boss or over bored 5.4.

who knows. it's just news. i read that the turbo diesel is from rover. a twin turbo. again who knows. for sure some of this is crap, but ford is making big changes to the lineup of motors by the end of 2008.

high output V6's, smaller twin turbo diesels, and large V8's.

edit: P.S. the rumored BOSS 2008 mustang would be cool with a 350 -400hp 5.4 3v. god i only wish. a source of cheap aftermarket 5.4 3v parts. i have also read they are using the 6.2l in it to compete with challenger and Camaro.
i wass talking about a diesel in a car why not? they are almost there.

Supposedly, and I dont know *exactly* how reliable this source was, but I was told that a goal of ford was to have every vehicle in the lineup available with a hybrid option. This does make sense, but would be quite a task. I believe the year was 2008 or 2009.

As for the whole power and engine size ordeal, which has been discussed numerous times but oh well, Ford really is headed in a good direction if you really think about it. Agreed, our engines are small, but this engine family as everyone knows, was designed to be able to be mass produced at a productive cost and be able to go in a wide range of vehicles. Offering a 4.0, 4.6 and 5.4 in one model (mustang) is almost out of the question. Putting the 5.4 in the mainstream GT will put it in an area ford didnt want it cost wise.

What would be effective however IMO, is to go a little bigger on the cubes back to a 302 with an increase in bore instead of using a longer stroke, and slap on the uber expensive heads they just researched and we will start to see the mustang sparkle power wise. Its all about the heads. The block is just a hunk of metal, and every single one out there does the exact same thing, just in different sizes.