New From Dallas!!!

rattlecan96gt

Dec 22, 2016
Dallas, Texas
Hi my name is johnny and currently im driving my 11th stang its a 96 gt with an 02 motor which is the same 2v basically . I swapped a 5 speed tremec into it with stage clutch ofcourse with 3.73 rear ,and long tube headers which excuse my language was a bitch. Currently I am dealing with some weird electrical issues where the lights get brighter when the rpm's go up and when I put the car in reverse sometimes my radio will shut of and come right back on hell sometimes the light on the gauges will shut al the way off also my driver front signal keeps blowing and I replaced the flasher twice weirdest thing I think my pony is possessed :scratch:

• Sponsors (?)

currently I am using the stock alternator im starting to think it could be the voltage regulator and I need a new alternator I used to work in a shop but now I work in a warehouse so my ways of using a shop and testing things while im at work have vanished lol but when I was still at the shop I used the batt tester to run a full systems diag and the alternator tested fine

currently I am using the stock alternator im starting to think it could be the voltage regulator and I need a new alternator I used to work in a shop but now I work in a warehouse so my ways of using a shop and testing things while im at work have vanished lol but when I was still at the shop I used the batt tester to run a full systems diag and the alternator tested fine
I'm thinking that it just doesn't make enough juice, but I'm not sure about the alternators in a more modern mustang. Fox bodies stock alternator is a common fail point especially when adding things like an electric fan or nicer stereo.

The old ones cause problems similar to yours.

ok thank you very much I have received a couple other pointers from here as well and ill try them all but on the alternator as far as getting a "better" one how would you recommend I go about doing that ive always just bought direct replacement when it comes to accessories such as alternators so I don't know much about the upgraded market

ok thank you very much I have received a couple other pointers from here as well and ill try them all but on the alternator as far as getting a "better" one how would you recommend I go about doing that ive always just bought direct replacement when it comes to accessories such as alternators so I don't know much about the upgraded market
I know that LMR has an entire kit.