New From South Florida!

oceantracks

Aug 3, 2012
Hi everyone, this is a weird one....I'm getting a new 2012 Mustang V6 with the Performance package....and have never driven one!

Our family has had a Mazda 3 for the past year, and I'm at the age where my wife and I miss our younger fun days....we had a 96 Z-28 and a few other sports cars until we had kids, then it was all sedans.

Well we decided the kids are grown, and it's our time again;) So I happened to be doing business with a dealer across the State, and he mentioned if I ever wanted a Mustang to give him a holler...so I did. He got me a great deal, and we are driving our trade in over this week to pick up the Mustang.

It's pretty strange to buy a car you've never driven I guess, but I think from all the reviews of this car we should be pretty happy...on paper it looks faster than our Z28 was back then, and that thing was pretty quick!

Any tips from longtime Mustang owners, I'm all ears!

Do you guys suggest regular or premium gas in these?

And since it will be traveling back home from across the state (about 400 miles) and it's a new car, should we watch how fast we go? The old adage was they need to break in, and not to maintain the same speed (highway) too long when they are new...

Thanks and look forward to learning a lot up here!

Tom

• Sponsors (?)