Roush New GT-500 with Griggs suspension

FASN8N

Nov 16, 2004
Atlanta, GA
Wow!
WOW!

From Performance Autosport

It wasn't too long ago this Shelby GT500 was dropped off at our shop having a completely stock suspension. A lot has changed since them. Our lucky customer recently picked up his newly transformed Shelby GT500 after it received the full Griggs Racing Suspension System. The rear suspension ditches the 3 link and replaces it with a Torque Arm and Watts link, along with coilovers, lower control arms, and sway bar. The front suspension is completely re engineered into a SLA setup including custom modular drop spindles and a tubular engine cradle, fully adjustable control arms and all that good stuff.

The car went from being bone stock (suspension) to the most radical setup you could ever imagine. Let me not forget that it's not pushing stock power anymore either. The stock blower has already been swapped out for a Kenne Bell and it now makes over 600rwhp.

I had the pleasure of driving this car today and I can honestly say it exceeded all my expectations and absolutely blew my mind. Running 305/35/18 Toyo RA-1's on the street daily surely doesnt hurt, but this car is absolutely amazing in every way.

Anyways, here are some pics of the build up, new parts, and finished product.

http://www.performanceautosport.com/detail.asp?car=5971

• Sponsors (?)

Probably 6 grand worth of stuff the car should of came with from the factory, maybe all the reviews of the gt500's handling wouldn't be so bad if it did.