New Gt Please Help

anthony1234

Dec 17, 2013
Hey need some advice... I just got a 2014 gt 6 speed... How many miles should i put on the car before doing any mods...? ie cold air intake exhaust and engine tuning... Also how many miles does a brand new gt engine need to be broken in?

• Sponsors (?)

Completely up to you and whether you want to retain the full warranty or not. I added a tune to my car at 1000 miles and have driven it hard since day one.
Some people take it easy and report oil burning issues as a result. Mine has not burned a drop and I am nearing 4,000 miles now.

Like stated above, mod at you own discretion... Just be prepared for consequences. You do risk voiding the factory warranty if they trace the failure back to a tune or mod (blower etc). BUT, I always say drive it like you want from mile one. Break it in how you drive and don't look back. I went with a procal tune and ripped of 12.60's in 3000ft da's in an auto GT with only a procal and axle back. So they respond very well to minimal tuning. (procal had a ford racing warranty supplementing the factory one).

Yeah, I think I waited 1000 miles before adding Steeda CAI and Steeda tune. I was really apprehensive too being it was/is my first mustang. I search n asked and settled on Steeda b/c I was comfortable with their product and company. There are other reputable suppliers out there. If I had to do it all over again (supercharging aside) I'd go with the CAI and tune as my first mod.