New GT500 Brembos are on...

HEAVYGT

Sep 14, 2006
Elgin, IL.
Last weekend got the GT500 Brembos installed along with the StopTech 2 piece rotors...had to order some new wheels to fit the brakes. I went with the Carol Shelby CS69 wheels.

DSC02673.jpg

DSCN1372.jpg

ElginMMmeet09073.jpg

DSC02658.jpg

DSC02659.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Very nice, I've contemplated that package for a while now! Are those 20" rims, and were you running 17" before? Is the only advantage to the 2 piece design of those rotors, a weight savings? I would think that wouldn't be quite as strong as a one piece rotor, or is that wrong? Did you go with the FRPP kit, or piece meal it yourself? And finally... how noticeable is the difference in braking performance?

Luke

I really dig those new wheels Heavy, what size are you running in the rear now?

thanks...18 X 9.5 on a MT 305/45/18

Very nice, I've contemplated that package for a while now! Are those 20" rims, and were you running 17" before? Is the only advantage to the 2 piece design of those rotors, a weight savings? I would think that wouldn't be quite as strong as a one piece rotor, or is that wrong? Did you go with the FRPP kit, or piece meal it yourself? And finally... how noticeable is the difference in braking performance?

Luke

No these are 18 rims same size I was running before. Basically, the StopTech website says "2-piece rotors allow expansion without coning. The parts are up to 8 pounds lighter than stock rotors and push up to 61% more air for better cooling and reduced fade on the track." Haven't really got on the brakes yet, waiting to break them in. FRPP kit? For what?

ElginMMmeet09057.jpg

Looking good:nice: Miss the DD look though:( Making your Pony stop better is always a good thing, esp when pushing the power you are! Any full body shots to see???

Ya missing the deep dish too kool...but i figure i run these this summer and start looking for something new in the fall...maybe the new 2010 GT500's in 19's :D

Hopefully some better pics this weekend at another show.

The '10 Shelby wheel sure is a nice one, but after having DD, I don't know how easy it would be for me to give it up...:( Overall, the car is still badass! Look forward to new pics:nice: