New Guages , but want to keep old also

DJHA90

Dec 17, 2002
Texas
Ive got a fuel pressure guage on the rail and I want to keep it and install an electric Fuel pressure guage in the car. How do I have both installed at the same time?

Would also like to install electric water temperature and oil pressure guages and keep the stock guages working also. Any ideas?

• Sponsors (?)

you will need to get an adapter of sorts. I am assuming you have on there right now a 1/16 > 1/8. goto home depot or lowes and get an assortment of brass fittings and tees to build a manifold in the configuration of your choice

Yes I have same question, I installed a few months ago AutoMeter elecrtic water temp. and A/F ratio gauge and in next a few weeks I going to install elecrtic oil and fuel pressure , so question is how I and we can have both gauges in same time works I mean aftermarket ones and stock one , right now I have dead stock wather temp. gauge

Seth5.0 said:
Yes I have same question, I installed a few months ago AutoMeter elecrtic water temp. and A/F ratio gauge and in next a few weeks I going to install elecrtic oil and fuel pressure , so question is how I and we can have both gauges in same time works I mean aftermarket ones and stock one , right now I have dead stock wather temp. gauge

Anybody know answer on this

I thought that reply was for having a mechanical rail-mount fuel pressure gauge and an electric one. Wasn't sure if that applied to keeping a stock in-dash gauge working along with an autometer gauge.

when i installed my tach, i called up the local ford dealership and got the wiring diagram for the instrument cluster. ya know, what wires in the harness at which places and everything. with that i was able to hook up the aftermarket tach and still use the stock tach. i'm sure this could be adapted to any gauge by just taping into it. for specific wires, your on your own.

Installing new gauges and keeping the stock ones

http://groups.msn.com/Waynes94GT/mustang.msnw?Page=2

Go to the link above and you can see how I used a brass T to install both the stock and AM temp sensors. I did a similar setup for my oil temp senders but had to use an extender and a 45 elbow to get enough clearance. I guess my old pipefitter training helped there. Your local NAPA or hardware store should have various brass fittings that you can use to do similar setups.

Just remember that you don't need plumbers tape on the threads. Tighten them good and they'll hold fine.

Wayne