New guy here!

n.e.mich

Sep 23, 2009
Tawas City, MI.
Just picked up this '94 a few weeks ago. immediatly removed the entire front end (total hack job by previous owner). I'll probably have tons of questions as this is supercharged (Procharger) and I don't know a whole lot about them!
Cobra6.jpg

Here is a list of the mods done to it:
Rebuilt stock shortblock with forged pistons,
Procharger P600B w/ 3 core intercooler & Blow off valve (to atmosphere),
Motorsport timing chain,
Crane 2031 Cam,
New Hyd. Roller lifters,
Powerbond Harmonic Balancer,
FMS Aluminum Driveshaft,
Stock GT-40 Iron Heads w/new springs, locks, retainers, seals,
Driveshaft Loop,
FMS 3:55 Gears,
Original 95 Cobra R's (17x9),
Nitto 275/40 Drag radials on rears,
Nitto 255/40 extremes up front,
ARP studs on heads ,
MAC Longtube Headers,
VRS X-Pipe,
Flowmaster mufflers,
2 1/2" tail pipes,
42LB. Bosch Injectors,
Pro-M 75mm Blow thru MAF ,
BBK 65mm TBody,
Kirban FPR,
Rail mounted fuel pressure gauge,
FMS 9mm plug wires,
MSD Blaster Coil,
Maximum Motorsport Caster Camber Plates,
Tokico 5 way adjustable Struts and Shocks,
Spec Stage II clutch,
2000 Cobra R (front) stainless steel brake lines,
Autometer A/f & Boost gauges,
Dual A-Pillar gauge mount,
Battery relocated to trunk,
H&R Super Sport springs,
98 Cobra rear Sway Bar,
2001 T5Z (GT) transmission ,
Dallas Mustang Speed Calibrator,
Walbro 255 High Pressure Fuel Pump,
Energy Suspension trans mounts,
Granetelli rear Tubular lower control arms,
FMS upper control arms,
Steeda Tri-Ax short throw shifter,
brand new high-amp Motorcraft battery
Tuned at Livernois at 375hp/395lb-ft

• Sponsors (?)

My first two questions are........
1) Do I really need a blow off valve? I am replacing all of the Pipe and the Intercooler and can't see a need for a blow off valve on a supercharged engine.
2) Would a larger (90mm) MAF do anything for me?

When you suddenly close the throttle body at high boost where is all that pressure gonna go? It'll find the easiest way out, and if it doesn't find a way out it will put excess load on the supercharger, the same thing it does to a turbocharger. It tends to not be an issue with lower boost, but it's a good idea to have something to vent the pressure.

Oh, and welcome. Gorgeous car.

Yeah, I guess there's some truth in that. On a turbo you have it to keep it from back spooling the turbocharger, which obviously doesn't happen with a blower.

Kurt

I have 1 more question for everyone, I have searched and am more confused than ever!

With the above setup would I benefit from a larger throttle body? It currently has a BBK 65mm and am curious if a 75mm would do anything.
Thanks!!!!!

uh ohhhhhhhhhhhh lol. U just unleashed the infamous TB size MONSTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RUNNNNNNNNNNNN for your lifeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL

Seriously though, if you want more power, i wouldnt nick pick through the maf and TB.....start a piggy bank with that money towards some heads, or a shortblock/stroker kit, or a new intake.

I didnt see which intake u have on it, im gonna assume the stock cobra piece. That is probably the easiest place to gain some power at this point. I'd go for that....keep your eye out for a holley systemax intake.....those things love boost. But you'll have to look at combinations with stock cubic inches that are blown with that intake....it is a big intake, so your low end torque may suffer a bit. Check out the corral.net and hardcore50.com <---- bunch of guys who know their **** there.

Now if u find yourself in a position to sell your 65mm TB and can upgrade to a 75mm for cheap, i vote to do it. But again at this stage, that small of a jump might not warrant the $$$ with the resulting power gain.

uh ohhhhhhhhhhhh lol. U just unleashed the infamous TB size MONSTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RUNNNNNNNNNNNN for your lifeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL

Seriously though, if you want more power, i wouldnt nick pick through the maf and TB.....start a piggy bank with that money towards some heads, or a shortblock/stroker kit, or a new intake.

I didnt see which intake u have on it, im gonna assume the stock cobra piece. That is probably the easiest place to gain some power at this point. I'd go for that....keep your eye out for a holley systemax intake.....those things love boost. But you'll have to look at combinations with stock cubic inches that are blown with that intake....it is a big intake, so your low end torque may suffer a bit. Check out the corral.net and hardcore50.com <---- bunch of guys who know their **** there.

Now if u find yourself in a position to sell your 65mm TB and can upgrade to a 75mm for cheap, i vote to do it. But again at this stage, that small of a jump might not warrant the $$$ with the resulting power gain.

Thanks Nate!
Sorry for bringing up the TB question but I have searched and didn't come up with anything solid. Mostly because of the supercharger I guess. I have read a ton of different opinions on here so far.
You are right, it has the stock Cobra intake installed. Maybe i'll do some research on upgrading in the future.
I'm from the Carb and the "no substitute for cubic inches" days. :D So all this is new to me.
Was also wondering if a little "pick me up" from a bottle would do more harm then good too.
Thanks again!
Wayne