New Guy Looking For Info On 03 Gt

Nicks68

Jun 15, 2012
Hi

My name is Nick and I am currently looking for a 99-04 GT with a 5 speed manual for my new daily driver. I've got an 07 Chevy 2500hd duramax diesel with a 6" lift on 35's and want to park it and drive the mustang to work everyday and only use the truck when I need it.

I have been searching for the Bullitt edition because I have a black on black '68 charger just like in the movie and thought it would be cool to have the Bullitt edition but unfortunately have not been able to find one.

The car I am looking at purchasing is a 2003 GT dark red with gray leather, Bullitt wheels and a 5 speed manual with only 38,000 original miles.

Anything specific to look for with these cars? Only mods I'm planning on doing are k&n intake, sct programmer and maybe a pair of flowmaster super 10's or a slp loud mouth cat back.

I was going to leave the factory gears because my commute is 90% freeway and I'm trying to save some mpgs

Here's a pic of the car

DSCN1364.jpg

DSCN1369.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Wow, 38k miles thats pretty good. The earlier model GT's had problems with the intake manifold cracking, as well as blowing the spark plugs due to not enough threading. The manifold problem was supposedly solved for the 03' and 04' so I dont believe you should have any problems with that. Other than that, if you keep up with the maintenances on it like regular oil changes and such, the car will last you up to 180k miles plus. I know first hand because my brother owned a 2000 GT, and he blew a sparkplug as well as the manifold cracking, other than that it was a real smooth commuter and was driven in New England winters. He had his up to about 165k miles and sold it for a camry due to commute for work and gas prices being super high. Other than that, Just make sure the car idles smoothly and doesnt jerk or jump around in rpms, if it doesnt idle smooth, it could be the IAC, which is usually an easy fix, but better for the dealer to take care of it!