New Headlights for my II with H4 Halogen Bulbs

76_Cobra_II

Dec 27, 2003
Clayton, NC
I got some Headlights for my '76 Cobra II and it has the H4 Halogen bulbs with the 3 prongs. Whats the best way to convert these from my standard headlight harness? Will my battery and alt. be able to handle these headlights? They also came with tiny Blue LED bulbs that hook up to I guess as driving lights. Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

I got bored and went out and looked, they are a direct fit replacement bulb that they included with the Glass headlight, so no modifications needed. I just hope that Im not gonna be overpowering my alt. or wiring.

I've been running the same headlights for about a year now no problems. I never hooked up the blue bulbs because you'd have to drill a hole in the mount so the bulb and it's wire would clear.

jeffnoel said:
I've been running the same headlights for about a year now no problems. I never hooked up the blue bulbs because you'd have to drill a hole in the mount so the bulb and it's wire would clear.

My blue bulbs were already installed in the housing, the bulb fit in there Just right? The only thing is I couldnt keep that rubber thing on the back cause the Stock hole opening wouldnt allow it, if I get bored another day I may take my dremel out there and make it fit. Im going to hook the blue bulbs up later on to a seperate switch or maybe to my parking lights in the front. Not sure yet, cause I dont want them on when the headlights are on. Just for cruising!

Do you notice a big difference at night?

Yeah I know, my blue lights were also installed in the headlight, but your going to have to put a hole in the headlight mount to run the wires for them. That's what I was trying to say.

I have Bosch conversions with Piaa headlight bulbs. They rock the casba! I have a 65 mustang 45amp alternator and I have had no problems. (The reason I have a 65 mustang Alternator is because the parts store I worked at one apon a time was litterally trowing-out dead stock, I replaced the garbage can with the open hatch of my Bobcat :D ) "Piaa bulbs have stock wattage, but perform like double there wattage". Not sure on that one, but they are 10000 times brighter then a halogen sealed beam. :D