New here, new car!

• Sponsors (?)

You mean the plugs backing out? No I dont believe there was really a "fix" for it. Same heads from 99-04.

Be aware of the intake manifold though. Not sure if they started using the aluminum crossover for 02, but its common for the plastic coolant passage to crack and it isnt pretty. Ford did extend the warranty though for the manifold, so If you do have the plastic one you should be fine for a while. I believe the warranty was extended for 7 years past the original factory 3 year warranty, so in my case I think I'm good till 2010.

DSCN0956.jpg

DSCN0958.jpg

DSCN0960.jpg

stangedit.jpg

DSCN0959.jpg

Attachments

• DSCN0956.jpg
    DSCN0956.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 55
  • DSCN0958.jpg
    DSCN0958.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 49
  • DSCN0960.jpg
    DSCN0960.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 52
  • stangedit.jpg
    stangedit.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 54
  • DSCN0959.jpg
    DSCN0959.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 50
Dragstr05 said:
You mean the plugs backing out? No I dont believe there was really a "fix" for it. Same heads from 99-04.

Be aware of the intake manifold though. Not sure if they started using the aluminum crossover for 02, but its common for the plastic coolant passage to crack and it isnt pretty. Ford did extend the warranty though for the manifold, so If you do have the plastic one you should be fine for a while. I believe the warranty was extended for 7 years past the original factory 3 year warranty, so in my case I think I'm good till 2010.

The spark plug problem was fixed in mid 2001. The stock intake manifold on the 99-04 GT's are good. The 96-98 ones were the ones that cracked.

I have had my 02 GT for a year and I love it to death! I still get excited every time I go into my garage & see it.

By the way....There are a lot of knowledgable people here, so you picked a good club to join. Remember, the only stupid question is the one you don't ask.