New Here

Wauchula mustang

Apr 15, 2015
Hello everyone ,
I'm needing some help with a part for my AOD transmission. Recently I've had my transmission on my 1991 Mustang LX 5.0 rebuilt seems that I'm having a problem with my Governor I've took it out several times and cleaned it with steel whool. And it still sticks. It will not shift into 2nd stays in first. I have correct TV pressure. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could help me with finding a "Governor" I've searched everywhere and I'm not having any luck. Where can I find a new rebuilt Governor?? It's a hard part to find obviously ...
Thank you.
Chris

• Sponsors (?)

No experience with an auto, but good luck. Have you gotten anywhere with it?
Hello it's been at the ford shop for just about 5 months. Seems when he installed the TCI valve body there's a spring connected to the inside linkage that does not need to be connected and my governor keeps getting stuck so this weekend he is blowing out the ports and cleaning out the governor and hopes it doesn't stick. Had the tranny lines blown out. I've had it completely rebuilt with TCI Saturday night special converter W/
TCI 200 pnd constant pressure. With the B&M shift kit. Thank you for ur reply. I should know something this weekend I will reply back to yea and let yea know. Thanks again.
Chris