new improved exhaust note?

DRCKISS

Jan 15, 2004
DO you think ford will enhance the exhaust note kinda like they did to the gto?? just wondering that video seemed to have a throaty sound to it but wasn't too clear

• Sponsors (?)

DRCKISS said:
DO you think ford will enhance the exhaust note kinda like they did to the gto?? just wondering that video seemed to have a throaty sound to it but wasn't too clear

I hear ya... there was a diesel engine running in the background. Couldn't really hear the GT until it took off.

In my latest issue of Mustang Enthusiast they (Ford Engineers) talked about the new 3v SOHC V8 and the exhaust, they said they modeled it after the Mach 1s sound. Whatever that means.

Solid HoRNZ said:
I don't like where the muflers sits daugh. I hope they will be after market exhausts that will hide the muflers like the other models. It would be bad not to have does long chromed tips.

wow.......hooked on phonics.....

Solid HoRNZ said:
I don't like where the mufflers sits taugh. I hope they will be after market exhausts that will hide the mufflers like the other models. It would be bad not to have does long chromed tips.

Let me see if I understand correctly! Are you saying...I don't like where the mufflers sit though. I hope there will be aftermarket exhausts that will hide the mufflers like the other models. It would be bad not to have those long chrome(d) tips. Because if this is what you mean, then you're saying:

I don't like the muffler placement on the production model. I hope there will be aftermarket exhausts that will conceal the mufflers like the concept vehicle (with bumper cover exhaust "cutouts"). It would also look awesome with chrome-tips?!? :shrug: :shrug:

Solid HoRNZ said:
I don't like where the mufflers sits taugh. I hope they will be after market exhausts that will hide the mufflers like the other models. It would be bad not to have does long chromed tips.

My God... what happened to the educational system in this country?

CatmanJJ said:
In my latest issue of Mustang Enthusiast they (Ford Engineers) talked about the new 3v SOHC V8 and the exhaust, they said they modeled it after the Mach 1s sound. Whatever that means.

I've heard notes for the 99+ GT, Kebra and Mach (as I know you have too). The Kebra's is the one of the better tones, but is very close to the GT (obviously I'm talking about all of them as if they have AM exhaust). They're both DEFINITELY Mustangs. As is the Mach....but the Mach seems to "flap" a little bit more and is a little more "high end" if that makes any sense. It's definitely "different", but also definitely still a Mustang.

GelatiCruiser said:
). The Kebra's is the one of the better tones, but is very close to the GT (obviously I'm talking about all of them as if they have AM exhaust).

The thing about the Cobra is that stock it is extremely quiet compared to the Mach or even a GT, seems Ford quieted it down to compensate for the S/C wine. Side by side with my friends stock vs mine stock mine sounded like it at an aftermarket system. That's all changed now though for the both of us has he has SLP loudmouth c/b and I have the Magnaflow junk. :flag:

Solid HoRNZ said:

lol, this reminds me of a chappelle's show skit. it was after tyrone explained how to make crack to a thug, and wrote this to his homies:

Sup,
Yall *****z kneed to kook up som kokane n Bking soda and sell it

yo home,
Cornrow

P.S. ppppppprrbbbbbbbbtttttt