New in NoVA

arrscott

Jun 14, 2011
Just made the jump this weekend from a 1991 Miata to a new - well, obviously, it's two years old, so maybe "previously unsold" or "never left dealer inventory" is more accurate than "new" - 2010 GT Premium. Went from silver stone metallic on the Mazda to grabber blue on the Mustang. Pretty much my dream machine. Has the 19" alloy wheels and the 3.73 rear axle. Amazing fun to drive; I was having such a ball just on the drive home from the dealer that I missed my own exit, which I haven't done in two years or more.

And I'm already modding; just ordered a chrome pony grille emblem to replace the stock black one. I'll think about performance mods after I see what the limits of stock performance are. So far, I don't feel like I've come anywhere near the edge of that envelope.

I have to admit that I loved my Miata, which I had for 10 years. An absolute joy to drive; it's amazing how much you can do and and how fast you can go with 98 horses in a car that weighs nothing. But just three days in, I love the Mustang even more. Much more. It was pure chance - and a bizarre bit of storm damage to my Miata - that led to the trade-in, but boy am I glad it happened when and how it did.

• Sponsors (?)

No doubt the mustang is probably the most fun car to drive ever. If it ever gets boring just search the internet, find some parts, and bolt them on. The perfect hot rod. My cousin had a miata with a turbo but once he took a ride in my first mustang he was amazed at how much fun it was. Any way welcome to the forum.

Haven't taken decent photos yet, but here's one of the few.

5836362898_04dff02f4e_b.jpg