New KB dyno numbers, a bit dissapointed

Well I dyno'd my KB will 11psi. It was a lil warm about 96 degrees.

Absolute barometric pressure was 25.78 in.hg.
vapor pressure 0.12 in.hg.

407RWHP @ 5200 RPM
477RWTQ @ 3400 RPM

I was hoping for a lil more on the horse side, but the torque was awesome.

• Sponsors (?)

Ibeyorsuperman said:

407RWHP @ 5200 RPM
477RWTQ @ 3400 RPM

What other mods? That ain't bad for just the blower. Oh, wait, 11#, just realized. How is the chip tune? Give Ken a call at KB. And at 96*? That's a bit warm.

Ibeyorsuperman said:

407RWHP @ 5200 RPM
477RWTQ @ 3400 RPM

Thats some sick torque.
:hail2:

i4power wrote

I'm willing to bet that some better cams will help convert some of that low-end torque to a nice chunk of high-RPM HP.

Except most of the gains made are for cars with higher rpm ranges. And KB doesn't recommend spinning there blower past 6000 rpms and is meant to be kept with the stock rev limiter.

Josh

BTW, are you running on stock internals? What fuel grade are you feeding your stang? I just upgraded to the 10 pis pulley and I'm suing 93 octane with a can of octane booster everytime I feel up the tank. And still, I'm a bit scare about flooring the car. Ken says I should ahev no problems, but you never know.

Hope this never happens, but I see your new thread down the road reading " just blew up the GT, what now?" Hope the motor holds up, seems like your running on borrowed time. :shrug: Hate to see something happen to it after all the time and money you put into it. Don't get too greedy. :nonono:

These are good numbers! :hail2: 477rwtq :hail2:
Are your peak HP at 5200rpm or did they just stop measuring it at that rpm? Because the KB will pull all the way to 6000rpm! So you should get over 450rwhp at 6000rpm :rolleyes:
Unless you still have the stock intake...you're maxed out...

00s281sc368 said:
These are good numbers! :hail2: 477rwtq :hail2:
Are your peak HP at 5200rpm or did they just stop measuring it at that rpm? Because the KB will pull all the way to 6000rpm! So you should get over 450rwhp at 6000rpm :rolleyes:
Unless you still have the stock intake...you're maxed out...
Keene Bell replaces the stock intake!!