Roush New KB dyno numbers

Probablecause

Jun 15, 2004
georgia
well i went to the shop this weekend and i'm pleased with the mods.

Added: Steeda full length SFC's -- Steeda 03/04 Cobra strut bar -- Bassani mid length headers and a retune.

let me say that anyone without headers needs to buy some. i was curious how much of a difference they would make with all of the talk from KB about little to NO gain on PD/Roots style blowers. these number speak the truth...

Kenne Bell Intercooled 1.7L - 9lbs. - C&L intake - Bassani o/r x pipe - Borlas
Old numbers: 388.58rwhp -- 406.39rwtq

Kenne Bell Intercooled 1.7L - 9lbs. - C&L intake - Bassani mid length headers - Bassani o/r x pipe - Borlas
New numbers: Run #1 -- 401.66rwhp -- 421.42rwtq
Run #2 -- 398.14rwhp -- 415.00rwtq on a hot run
Run #3 -- 403.59rwhp -- 421.02rwtq after cool down

net gain of 15.01rwhp and 14.63rwtq on a conservative tune from tim. that's power to the wheels you can feel. in atlanta traffic and cold temperatures i was unable and unwilling to open the car up. i did goose it 3/4 throttle back home and there was a noticeable pick up in performance. i may need to step up to a 10 inch rear wheel and get the biggest street tire i can get. haven't had the opportunity to test the suspension out but when i busted loose on a u turn in atlanta, i could feel the car come back in line much faster, a lot tighter.

i have to say that the sound of the car is giving me a chubby. i wasn't sure if i would get a big sound difference but i'm telling you the car sounds absolutely sick! not as loud but sounds DAMN nice. it reminds me of the bad ass mustangs i've seen that sounded like a freaking pissed off dragon, ie. gonein10seconds. with a fresh tune and the headers the car really purrs now and you can hear the motor flow a lot smoother. the engine makes a totally different kind of noise now...i LOVE it.

working on my video of the dyno pulls...

• Sponsors (?)

Nice nums.

That Kenne Bell rocks. NO matter what you do to your car from here you will always know that blower was money well spent. :D

Nothing like seat of your pants gains to make you love your car even more.

My question is with long tubes or even mid-length headers, are any of you guys required to go through emissions testing? If so as I understand it long tubes or even mid-length may not pass......

I am in Missouri and in some select counties around St. Louis, we have to go through emissions testing, they not only sniff your exhaust but plug into your car.

Any info would be appreciated as I don't want to buy my long tube Hookers and then not be able to pass emissions.